Broken JBR Sway Bar

:
2012 Mazda 5
So last night while I was replacing my bad Koni shock, I notice that my JBR sway bar looks a little funny. I grab the arm and to my surprise it fell off. Per the site description "Sway Bar is TIG welded inside and out then the ends are capped." From the looks of it, the outer weld did not get any penetration and there was just too much torque for the inner weld. The sway bar is supposed to have a lifetime warranty and I just reached out to JBR. I hope we can get this resolved smoothly. I am really concerned about the shipping. If I have to cover the 100% of the cost to ship this back that's going to suck. Lucky I live Hawaii. Not! (sad2)

Attachments

• IMG_6034.jpg
    IMG_6034.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_6033.jpg
    IMG_6033.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_6032.jpg
    IMG_6032.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_6031.jpg
    IMG_6031.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
+1 for JBR. Jennifer Barone responded and will be sending out a new bar shortly. I understand no manufacturer is perfect and to me, it is how they handle their warranty and support that defines them. JBR nailed it in my book!(thumb)

You have to slow down over the speed bumps at Pearl Ridge my friend! You've blown out a Koni shock AND broken a JBR RSB...LOL Hopefully you won't have any more issues

Customer service is what makes a company, and keeps one going. It sounds like there doing a great job and supporting there customers after the purchase. :)

You have to slow down over the speed bumps at Pearl Ridge my friend! You've blown out a Koni shock AND broken a JBR RSB...LOL Hopefully you won't have any more issues

Haha! Sounds like you used to live here and know the roads here are horribly neglected. I live on the east side and the only road into town has sections that was last repaved 30 years ago. Soon it will be better though. They are currently repaving the worst 4 mile section but its going very slow. The estimated project time was 20 month to complete. (scratch)

***Update***

Swaybar on it's way! Got an email from Jamie after they reviewed my pictures...

"...I have reviewed the pictures and it's clear that we missed the outside weld that should have been performed before the end cap was welded on. This is our error and we're very sorry."

To add extra icing to this cake, they are including a return label for me to send the broken one back!

Wow, they really take care of there customers, glad I went with them too.

As a side topic, I've got a question for you Break, what end links are you using with your JBR bar?

I have a lot of JBR parts for my MS3 for this very reason, they are unparalleled when it comes to customer service. One of these days I hope to sneak their RSB on the 5 and see how long until the wife notices.

I had a chance to meet James Barone and run on the track with him and his Speed 3 with the Ohio Mazdaspeeds group last fall. I came away very impressed with him and his passion for the Mazda community. Every story that I've seen where they had a problem or question he has stepped up to to the plate to resolved it quickly. I HIGHLY recommend his products whenever I'm asked.

Jamie is a stand up guy and I am proud t call him my friend! I am not surprised by what he did, he always places his customers first, he truly believes that.

Wow, they really take care of there customers, glad I went with them too.

As a side topic, I've got a question for you Break, what end links are you using with your JBR bar?

I am using the AWR endlinks. 2 things to note if you are thinking of trying them...

1. They do make a little noise because of the spherical bearing joints.
2. They are about an inch longer then stock so they probably work better with lowered cars.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
Well I got Corksports adjustable endlinks and they make clunking sounds over.... pretty much everything. It's getting lil bit annoying.

attachment.php

I was thinking of the getting JBR Moog endlinks since they have grease fittings too.

Well I got Corksports adjustable endlinks and they make clunking sounds over.... pretty much everything. It's getting lil bit annoying.

I was thinking of the getting JBR Moog endlinks since they have grease fittings too.

I had the Corksport ones as well. Broke 2 sets, both in less than a day. Corksport customer service was great, took them back without issue. I think the issue is that top bearing. The push/pull design was just not meant to handle the load.

BTW, How do you like those CS toe arms?

Last edited:
So far so good. I figured since I got CS camber arms for adjustment after I lowered the car, might as well get the toe arms too. Can't say that I feel anything different, but just went to get the best alignment on the car.

Back