Bridgestone Dueler h/l ecopia 422 & experiences on CX-5

I have been a Michelin fan in recent years for both our family vehicles but when Costco told me they nearest oem 19" size for my CX-5 GT was their Premier LTX 235/55/19 I was concerned about the extra weight/wear issues as I noted in an earlier post and some others have raised performance concerns about. Another dealer in town told me the Michelin Premier LTX came in 225/55/19 so I went back to Costco and they reconfirmed that there was no 225. So, I contacted Michelin USA and they just confirmed that there is indeed a V rated 225/55/19 Premier LTX but it is just now currently starting production and will not be released until June, so I think I'll hold out until I read some reviews about that tire.

Last edited:
Extremecontacts worth it?

Continental extreme contact dws. Great tire. Have them on my 3 & cx-5.

Do the Extremecontacts do the CX-5 justice i.e. is the improvement in Steering Response/Cornering grip/All Around Traction significantly noticeable on the CX-5 compared to Stock??- I always felt it would be overkill to get a High performance all season for a CUV, but then again the CX-5 isn't the typical CUV.

I've been vacillating between Dropping the extra dough for the Conti ExtremeContact DWS vs. Sticking to a more conservative (but well performing) Conti Purecontacts so your input would be GREATLY apreciated!!!(2thumbs)

Do the Extremecontacts do the CX-5 justice i.e. is the improvement in Steering Response/Cornering grip/All Around Traction significantly noticeable on the CX-5 compared to Stock??- I always felt it would be overkill to get a High performance all season for a CUV, but then again the CX-5 isn't the typical CUV.

I've been vacillating between Dropping the extra dough for the Conti ExtremeContact DWS vs. Sticking to a more conservative (but well performing) Conti Purecontacts so your input would be GREATLY apreciated!!!(2thumbs)

Continental lists the Extreme Contact as an Ultra High Performance tire, which would lead me to believe that treadwear would not be great. Others on the CX-5 forum who like Continental's have more frequently talked about the Continental TrueContact as a replacement for their oem's.

Its probably too late but I wanted to tell you that we replaced our CX5 with Pirelli scorpion verde plus and the sport feel is there and maybe a little more and more quiet than the OEM's. Just my 2 cents. If you got them at discount tire I think you have 30 days to swap them out.

The only issue for me is that the Scorpion Verde Plus doesn't come in a 225/55/19, but rather the 235/55/19 and I don't want to go oversize as I read that you give up some performance characteristics, in particular, mpg.

I drove 53,000 miles on my original Yokohama 17" G91 tires with legal tread still left on them and they never gave me any trouble and performed decently through two winters and three summers. For a cheap crappy tire as some say I think they were decent tires. Tires are so much like brakes; the way you drive and take care of the vehicle dictates how long they will last but ignorant uninformed drivers will always blame the manufacturer when they don't get what they were expecting from them.

Back