Brand new 2021 Mazda CX-5. Steering feels over sensitive?

I wasn’t the original poster, but I do think my CX-5 handles better with the tires closer to what is listed on the door placard.
They put that placard there for a reason, balancing tire wear, gas mileage and handling.

Let's just say "drifting", as it engages when you get close to the markings on the road. I really don't think it has anything to do with the OP's issue, though. The OP is MIA, so we may never actually know the outcome.
Frankly, my vehicle doesn't react to road lines until I'm right top of the them. For certain kinds of lines it often does not react at all even when they are clearly striped on a clear day in a very gradual drift. Much testing went into this when I first bought it. Do I care? No, I do not. I'm not deluded into thinking any car will drive itself, so eyes on the road.

Agreed: However one perceives lane keeping to work it has nothing to do with the OP.

They put that placard there for a reason, balancing tire wear, gas mileage and handling.
Agreed. But in all my years of driving, increasing tire pressure beyond placard specs served only to increase gas mileage and bumpiness, and never added vague steering. Of course never drove electric motor steering before either.

As a follow-up, I revisited the dealership and checked the same 6 that had the vague steering issue. Sure enough, it, and others on the lot, had 60+ psi in the tires (higher than my gauge would go). The salesman was ok with me setting the car I was looking at to 35 psi which I did, and drove again. I never again noticed the vague feel. I eventually bought a new 6 (from a different dealership), and drove it 900 highway miles, never noticing the issue. So in this case, looks like a tire pressure issue.

Back