Brake switch failure???

belleth

:
2007 Mazda 5
Figured I'd post for anyone who needs info on this. If you cruise light starts to go off and you are not able to turn on cruise control, check your brake lights. I know it might sound silly. But at least on the manual '07, the brake switch is responsible for the turning on your brake lights as well as controlling you cruise on/off.

Mine apparently went out 4-6 weeks ago and I had no idea it did (finally had a check engine come on, can't remember the code). I've played with the switch a little, by tapping it and snapping the spring on the sensor, it would work for a little bit and then stop again.

Anyhow, I ordered a new one on Wednesday, picked it up Friday, but haven't seen the same problem again. It appears to have fixed itself...

I'm keeping the part, just in case, but it seems OK now (it takes like 5min to replace it so, not a big deal).

Hey Bell

I had the same issue as well. The check engine light would come on and off at times so I got to the point where I said f*** it. Changed it out and everything is working normal now. The thing that really pissed me off was not having the shifter working properly. Now it's good to have a shifter without issues.

Back