BOV question...

lexus806

are there any BOVs for the mazdaspeed protege that give it a good popping wooshing sound and not that turkey sound. i cant stand the turkey sound. i dont have a bov right now but im scared to get one and it ends up sounding like a damn turkey lol. appreciate any help

i just put a forge bov on and guess what the turkey is still there, but it might be my spring, i am checking up on that

I just got the Synchronic BOV from Synapse Engineering about 2 months ago. VTA with no turkey at all!

if you go to the Synapse Engineering site it has a list of distributors. But I'm also pretty sure www.protegegarage.com sells it also. It's also reasonably priced. It's pretty much plug and play. You can order flanges to fit HKS and GReddy attachments also. I had a Blitz DD BOV so i had to weld on a universal flange. Also...it uses 2 sources; one is a boost/vaccum from the intake manifold, and the other is a boost only source. The combo of these 2 is what makes the BOV react instantaneously!! And I mean it does!!

no probs! Let us all know what you decide to do! I'll try and post up some pics when i can too.

no probs! Let us all know what you decide to do! I'll try and post up some pics when i can too.

its gonna be a toss up, i heard the greddy bov gives it a good popping wooshing sound too. so its either that or synchronic one your talking about, as long as i dont have the turkey sound im good with either lol

Back