BOV placement

trbomp5

:
2002 MP5t
I am just about ready to start installing my turbo setup. I'm finishing the fabbing of the piping. My question is where is the best place to mount the BOV? I always see them mounted up near the throttle body, but if the point is to release the pressure on the turbo, wouldn't after the turbo and B4 the intercooler be best? Also isnt a By-pass setup better, with the "Blown Off" air being sent back into the intake tube after the MAF/MAP? You wouldn't get the stalling then correct?
And about that, why does everybody put the MAF/MAP before the turbo and intercooler? Wouldnt it be better to have it be the last thing before the throttle body, so it only sees the actual air going into the motor? Then you can vent your BOV to the atmosphere where it can escape faster. And no stalling, and no running rich. Has anybody tried this?
Lastly, would putting the vacuum hose for the wastegate up closer to the throttle body give you a faster "signal" to open and close the gate instead of waiting for it to back up / presure up, the whole system?
Andrew

I too would like to know where to place the BOV .. i have a MSP turbo kit but with soem custom piping.. and i/c.. keep in mind i won't have a BPV and i have a p5.. so would there be any stalling? help us out please=D sorry for thread jackin.. i'm curious also

Back