Body side moldings

Are there door/body side moldings for the cx-7? I haven't seen any as an accessory/add-on anywhere.

I have to park like 5 miles away at parking lots because of my precious doors.... I already have a little white spot on my driver door after only 1.5 weeks of ownership :(

No, they don't, actually... Looks like you're going to have to buy them to find out.

these should work if they are put high enough to keep another cars door from hitting the CX7's body, right? I am thinking about putting these on but I am trying to decide if they would deduct from the styling... but maybe I want to use my $100 deductible - LOL

I like them and want them but have lots of expenses right now so I have to wait! Anyone gets them let's see pics!!

More Info

Here are the dimenstions they sent me... think I may end up getting a set, will post pics if I do.

Mazda_CX7_07+_4DR.JPG

mazdacx7.jpg

Last edited:
This is a subjective matter. For me, it will look cheap. It will take out the nice lines of the CX7. So I don't like it.

Received mine yesterday, will post some pics this weekend. The finish is nice and it came very well packaged.

Install was easy enough, but I did stray a little bit from the instructions. The molding is not very thick, about 1/8" and does not offer much protection. The instruction say to mount the molding 11" from the bottom crease, which looked a little high to me. I ended up mounting them 9" from the bottom crease to give it a more centered appearance... might as well go for looks if they aren't going to offer much protection (2thumbs) Anyway, below are the pics.

Mark

P1010004.JPG

P1010006.JPG

Install was easy enough, but I did stray a little bit from the instructions. The molding is not very thick, about 1/8" and does not offer much protection. The instruction say to mount the molding 11" from the bottom crease, which looked a little high to me. I ended up mounting them 9" from the bottom crease to give it a more centered appearance... might as well go for looks if they aren't going to offer much protection (2thumbs) Anyway, below are the pics.

Mark

Nice install, Mark. And it doesn't distract as much from the looks of the car as I thought it might. Thanks for the pics. Please expand on why you feel they will not be functional.

No matter what side molding you have on your vehicle, only 1 in 50 car doors will actually line up/hit the molding. Besides, the molding is painted, you would still need to touch it up. For what it's worth, I like it. Next upgrades in the mail are a zoom zoom brake light cover (says zoom zoom when you hit the brakes) and a shark fin antenna... think I may order the new aero package as well. Cheers

Mark

MarkMan ...thanks for posting the pics and for the suggestion on placing them 9" rather than the recommended 11". I'm in agreement with you. Mine have just arrived and I'm planning on placing them just as you have. I think they look great ....good job.

Latest posts

Back