Body parts

ATE BALLER

:
MAZDASPEED 6
I've got a problem. Some dip-sh*t hit my brand new mazdaspeed 6 in the parking lot at work about a week ago. It was a hit and run, and I have a $500 deductable. The damage is completely isolated to the rear bumper panel. I am curious as to weather an aftermarket rear bumper for the regular mazda 6 will mount properly to the mazdaspeed 6. I plan to order one of those for around $200 and have my buddy with the paint shop match it up for next to nothing, therefore saving me a little less than $300. Somebody PLEASE let me know if this will or will not work!

Not at all certain whether this will fly or not, but I wonder about the cut-outs for the tailpipes. Have you considered this part of the problem? You might run into a problem with fitment because of the tailpipes. You might have to wait until more aftermarket stuff is available specifically for the MS6.

If it is just a minor blemish where the scratch in the bumper is not too deep, just have your shop guy body fill it and paint it (I did this for my MSP after some idiot -- probably the same guy that hit you -- backed into me). I had a $500 deductible as well. Total cost was $300 cash.

R

I'm actually considering fabing up a custom 3" turbo-back single exhaust at the time of the bumper replacement. I'll probably make two of them, one with cats and muffler, and one without. Not sure what that;d do to my computer though. It worked on my buddies stealth, but the speed 6 has alot more technology in that compueter. The damage consists of nothing more than a dent. No scratches even. I tried to pop it out myself, but I'll have to take it off to do it. Might as well give it a try, and make it a little bit more of a sleeper than it already is.

ATE BALLER said:
I'm actually considering fabing up a custom 3" turbo-back single exhaust at the time of the bumper replacement. I'll probably make two of them, one with cats and muffler, and one without. Not sure what that;d do to my computer though. It worked on my buddies stealth, but the speed 6 has alot more technology in that compueter. The damage consists of nothing more than a dent. No scratches even. I tried to pop it out myself, but I'll have to take it off to do it. Might as well give it a try, and make it a little bit more of a sleeper than it already is.

If it is only a dent then I would try to do it yourself if you can do so gently without wrecking it.

R

Back