Bluetooth Audio Streaming + NAV

jc55

:
None
So I was up late last night setting up my Nav/Bluetooth and a little disappointed with the user friendliness of the factory Navigation. It's very reminiscent of the early 2000's Acura navigation systems.

Anyway, I managed to set up my bluetooth for my phone, downloaded the phonebook and set that up alright. I was also able to set up Bluetooth Audio streaming and play some music, thats really cool. However, I can't get it to display my song/file/folder information on the Nav screen? I've got all the settings on my phone correct, I think, and on the nav system. Is there something specifically that needs to be turned on? Not sure why it would play music, but not display the file information.

Also, has anyone hacked this Nav to where you can input destinations on the fly?

streaming audio through bluetooth will generally not allow you to see that info. usually only the audio streams, not the data.

as far as nav bypass, there are a few ways to go about it

and they are......................?
Find the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) input at the back of NAVI unit (purple wire with my '08 model).
Two ways
1) install a switch in front of it. Open it when trying to enter data. Close the switch afterwards.
2) install a small circuit board with IC 555 (if you don't know what this means, go with option #1).
You can search the web for such a circuit diagram. A weekend job if you are not electronics challenged.
Install a variable resistor so that you can tune the clock rate to match 5mph speed input. This fools the
NAVI that your vehicle is going slightly below 5mph, which is the cut off speed that greys out input.

Option 1 is not as good since the VSS input is floating. It was said that the NAVI system gets confused for a while
before it goes back to normal even after you close the switch.
I have not done this, but I had experience with my wife's Prius. Both navi systems are from DENSO.
Just saying....

Back