Blind Spot.................. IDIOTS !!!!!!!

mixmasterlove

Contributor
Like the title says "Blind Spot.................. IDIOTS !!!!!!!", I am trying to order a 08 fully loaded GT, yet the sales people and sales manager either DO NOT know what I am talking about or they say it is a dealer installed option for an extra $600.00 !!!!!!! As far as I know it is a factory installed option. I just HATE the fact that people have NO CLUE about a product that they are selling. So can tell me if they know, factory OR dealer installed option ??? I think factory.

what defines "fully loaded' for you? I can give you all the order option codes and you can shove them down their throats

2008 GT AWD
Bose/ Moonroof
GT Ass.
BLIND SPOT
F/R Splash
Homelink Mirror
Wheel locks
Remote start
All weather mats
Cargo net
Lo Jack

Blind Spot for 2008 GT

Blind-Spot Alert Grand Touring
BS1 <-- Option Code

MSRP 200.00
Invoice 172.00
(Available Fall 2008) (N/A Sport or Touring)

Check out Kelly Blue Book for other option codes, if you need it.

Make sure your dealer is giving you a break on the non-factory installed options:

(Homelink Mirror, Wheel locks, Remote start, All weather mats, Cargo net, Lo Jack)

If you're being charged close to retail, there are a bunch of mazda dealerships and parts places where you can get them shipped to you for a heck of alot cheaper than my local dealer wanted.

Last edited:
buying "dealer options" (accessories) off the car deal means it does NOT get covered under the full vehicle coverage warranty

so in otherwords, if you bought floor mats and didn't pay them to install them for you and your s*** wears down in 12 months and 1 day, you're SOL

Blind-Spot Alert Grand Touring
BS1 <-- Option Code

MSRP 200.00
Invoice 172.00
(Available Fall 2008) (N/A Sport or Touring)

Check out Kelly Blue Book for other option codes, if you need it.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is the KBB/Edmunds, & The 2008 CX-9 pricing sheet shows the BSM as a $200 option but the 08 CX-9 brochure shows it as standard equipment on the GT and not available on the Touring/Sport.:confused:

Yes they do, any Mazda Accessory is covered under the bumper to bumper warranty.
Please read the post by TheMan above Only if it was installed by the dealer at the time of the sale of the car ,not after ,Say you buy your car in June and in August you get an option installed it is only covered for 1 year just as TheMan said not 3 years as you have stated.

Last edited:
Blind Spot option - $200 on GT trim.

Another thing that doesn't make sense is the KBB/Edmunds, & The 2008 CX-9 pricing sheet shows the BSM as a $200 option but the 08 CX-9 brochure shows it as standard equipment on the GT and not available on the Touring/Sport.:confused:

The brochure you're looking at is incorrect.
Attached image is right off Mazdausa.com website -

Here's the link to the entire PDF:
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/pdf/pricing_update/CX9-2008-pricing.pdf

Attachments

• 2008 CX9 Blind Spot option.jpg
    2008 CX9 Blind Spot option.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 307
The warranty comments above are correct, I wasn't aware of that.

from: http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=shoppingToolsWarranty

Accessories:

Mazda notes that all Genuine Mazda Accessories, if installed by the Mazda Dealer prior to or at initial vehicle retail delivery, carry the same new-vehicle limited warranty as the vehicle. See dealer for limited-warranty details. With all accessories, please check with your Mazda dealer for applicable models. In some cases, parts in addition to those shown will be required for proper installation. In all cases, professional installation by your Mazda Dealer is recommended. Mazda reserves the right to change product availability or specifications at any time without incurring obligations. See your Mazda dealer for details.

more info here: http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=mazdaSpeedAccessoriesWarranty

Blue Warranty

MAZDASPEED "Blue" Performance Accessories must be installed by a MAZDASPEED Dealer on a US specification vehicle and be specifically approved by Mazda for the particular application. These parts are covered under the Mazda Replacement Parts and Accessories Limited Warranty and are warranted for the first 12 months/12,000 miles from the date of installation or the duration of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, whichever is longer. Should the parts be purchased but not installed by a MAZDASPEED Dealer, they will be covered for the first 12-months/12,000 miles from the date of purchase, excluding labor charges. Parts or accessories replaced/installed under warranty, are covered for the time remaining in the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Green Warranty

MAZDASPEED "Green" Performance Accessories must be specifically approved by Mazda for their particular application. These parts are warranted for the first 12-months/12,000 miles from the date of purchase, excluding labor.
Orange Warranty

MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories are sold "as is" without any warranty of any kind. All implied warranties, including all warranties of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. Purchaser acknowledges that no representations have been made regarding these parts, including but not limited to any representations as to their quality of performance, and purchaser shall be responsible for and bear all costs of repair of replacement due to any defect in or failure of these parts or any damage to other components. Purchaser acknowledges that vehicles equipped with MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories shall not be operated on public highways. MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories are intended solely for the use on vehicles participating in race/off-road competition events. Purchaser acknowledges that all Mazda vehicle/parts/accessory warranties are voided if the vehicle is used in a competitive event. Purchaser also acknowledges that there will be no warranty coverage for any part or accessory that fails as a result of the installation of a MAZDASPEED "Orange" performance part. Purchaser accepts all responsibility for all vehicle modifications and all potential risks. MAZDASPEED "Orange" Performance Accessories have been designed and are intended for race/offroad applications only. Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification of, or rendering inoperative any part or vehicle system affecting emissions or safety.
What Is Not Covered

* Damage or corrosion due to accidents, misuse, or alterations.
* Damage or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap), stones, salt road hazards, hail, wind storm, lightning, floods and other natural disaster.
* Normal wear, tear or deterioration such as discoloration, fading, deformation, blurring, etc.
* Replacement parts or accessories installed on any Mazda Vehicle registered or normally operated outside of the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Saipan or American Samoa.
* Replacement parts, or accessories installed on a Mazda Vehicle in which the odometer has been altered, or on which the actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
* Replacement parts or accessories used in applications for which they are not designed.
* Replacement parts or accessories installed improperly by dealers, Importer/Distributor other than Mazda.
* Any replacement part or accessory without proof of purchase or replacement date.
* Non-Mazda replacement parts or accessories which Mazda Dealers may sell or install on your Mazda Vehicle.
* If the vehicle has been classified a total loss and/or sold for salvage purposes or branded for any other reasons.
* Removal of the vehicle from the warranty covered market for which it was produced.

Attachments

• CX-9 Specs.jpg
    CX-9 Specs.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 08 CX-9 Brochure.jpg
    08 CX-9 Brochure.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 330
  • BMS info.jpg
    BMS info.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 305
Thats not what my parts department told me(of course to believe everything they said I would have to be pretty stupid) But I thought it was under the BTB warranty, at least thats what I read in my iPod adapter install information.

DashingMax, This is the info right out of the 2008 CX-9 brochure that I got from my dealer. See the pics.

Wow!! Conflicting info for sure.
Here's the fine print on the Mazda brochure
"Mazda reserves the right to change specifications at any time without incurring obligation. Availability may be limited by location and time. Please consult your local dealer for full details."

Wow!! Conflicting info for sure.
Here's the fine print on the Mazda brochure
"Mazda reserves the right to change specifications at any time without incurring obligation. Availability may be limited by location and time. Please consult your local dealer for full details."

My dealership said when he placed my order the BMS was included in the assistance pkg on their computer order form. Of course it is still subject to availability.

Back