Big problem need help fast!

Deathspeed

:
mazdaspeed protege
So today i was excited i got my SS FTC back from Split sec. so i go to install it and everything is going good for a bit then i start coming across wires that have been jumped over to other ones. Coincedentally the same ones i am connecting the FTC to and some of them run up about a foot to this wire harness with a orange cap. tried starting my car and nothing, got a CEL though so i check it and there is no code it is a bunch of warning lights on my code reader. All MY connections are good but i have NO idea what this random harness does. it had alot of electrical tape all over the jumped wires, and these jumped wires were jumping over to other wires the FTC was connecting to, If i remember right one of them was the o2 and the other was the crank. Has anyone heard of this random harness

which ones they come off the ECU harnes the color they are supposed then jump and come out different i got a pic of this harness i will upload it

IMG00060random.JPG here this is, it is a bad pic it was with my phone

The O2 and Crank signal wires do indeed split off from the ECU connector. You need to tap into them closest to the pin. There isn't much wire before it splits off, but its do-able.

Well I hooked all my wires up for the FTC close to the ecu harness before they jump and my car wouldn't crank at all I wanna find what this is and get rid of it

I also have a random harness that splits off my ECU wires... doesn't quite look like yours but I don't think it's anything to worry about. I'll say the same thing people kept telling me when I had a problem with my install - check your wiring. You may have cut one of the wires you tapped into in half. Also, if the car ran before, I wouldn't worry about the jumped wires.

well i cut those wires today and my car started find, idled fine, and no CEL's. so i think that was my problem i will try doing it again this weekend. are the crank wires and MAF wires covered with a big thick sleeve? with an extra wire that is bare with no insulation

Latest posts

Back