Best size tire for a 2016 Grand Touring?

What is the best size tire for a 2016 Grand Touring please? Car has 35,000 miles and I currently have on the original Toyo A23 225/55R19....worst riding tires I have ever experienced.

Thanks,

What is the best size tire for a 2016 Grand Touring please? Car has 35,000 miles and I currently have on the original Toyo A23 225/55R19....worst riding tires I have ever experienced.

Thanks,
Best size is a based on ones perspective.

For those who want like the looks of the 19" rims, the bigger rims skinny tire combo tends to make cornering better and better grip on smooth summer roads.

For those like myself who like less bumpy ride, the smaller 17 inch rims with higher sidewall tends to have a more comfortable ride.
Still not as comfortable as other vehicles. I will be switching my 17" winters out for 16" all terrains here shortly to hopefully get an even smoother ride.

Also smaller 17 inch rims with more sidewall on tires which have better grip in winter and offroad.

So it comes down to preference

^^^^^
Exactly correct. That's why I loathe gigantic wheels. 17's are as big as I'd want to go on any normal daily driven car. And the only reason I say 17's, is 14's aren't hardly made anymore, and even 15's are getting hard to find. Plus, I don't think 15's will fit over our brakes.

My 2021 came with 19" as standard for my trim. Got 17" rims for winter as I wanted a softer ride.

Will there be an improvement in ride quality and noise if I install a set of new Cross Contact LX 25 tires compared to the OEM Toyo A23 225/55R19 ?

Will there be an improvement in ride quality and noise if I install a set of new Cross Contact LX 25 tires compared to the OEM Toyo A23 225/55R19 ?
That's what I did (my oem's were Toyo A36 ) very nice improvement in all areas

I like my TOYO 36 series tires on my 2021GTR. I have found that after 3 CX5s that the factory size is best because it is part of a shock, suspension and tire size system. I'd stick with the factory tire size and pick a tire you like. JMO. Ed

It's Michelin and only Michelin for me. I worked in a tire shop in college, so I've seen first hand the quality of a Michelin vs everyone else.

Yes, there really is a difference.

It's Michelin and only Michelin for me. I worked in a tire shop in college, so I've seen first hand the quality of a Michelin vs everyone else.

Yes, there really is a difference.
I think you just liked the spiffs $$$ that Michelin gave out for tires sold...or maybe you got a thing for the Michelin man? :p
Kidding naturally, I like Michelins as well on some of my vehicles.

Attachments

• michelin-tire-man.png
    michelin-tire-man.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts

Back