Best site to buy OEM parts online?

:
Pearl White AWD GT w/Tech
Anyone have a favorite place that they buy their OEM parts from? I am looking to replace my brake pads.

Thanks!

I wouldn't go OEM for brake pads. You will get gouged on price for sure. There are tons of good brake pad options that are far cheaper than OEM.

You want to stick with OEM for things like sensors, body parts, interior parts, engine parts, etc. But for consumables there are usually better, cheaper options.

*edit* for my last 2 cars I just used AutoZone brake pads with lifetime warranty. Doesn't make much sense on their part. Brake pads wear out, they give me another set for free, and so on.

I am not beholden to OEM pads, I guess my only concern was that I didn't want to be worried about aftermarket pads eating up my rotors. Do you know if the factory pads are ceramic or organic based pads?

I am not beholden to OEM pads, I guess my only concern was that I didn't want to be worried about aftermarket pads eating up my rotors. Do you know if the factory pads are ceramic or organic based pads?

You should always resurface rotors, or replace them, when replacing brake pads. If you're worried about the aggressiveness of the pads, that's really only a concern with performance brake pads. There are plenty of OEM-style options out there, even some that might be better than OEM in terms of everyday braking performance, but still won't warp or damage rotors.

Rockauto has about 35 different options ranging from economy to performance-based, including lots of "OE-replacement daily driver" options.

OE pad material is ceramic, BTW. Powerstop is a good choice, so is Raybestos.

Last edited:
Yeah, even Medcenter Mazda wants $75/set for front brake pads. I guarantee you Powerstop or Raybestos will be every bit as good, for about $30-$35 for the front set.

If I know the OEM part number, I typically will always check/search ebay with the number to see if any of the Mazda Parts dealers on there has them for cheap. Sometimes they offer free shipping on small items and I contact the seller off-list to see if they'll combine other items as well.

Typically I price match zoomzoomnationparts.com at my local dealer and skip shipping all together.. makes more sense and you get the parts quicker, and if you need to return something it's much convenient.

Fair enough. PowerStop or Raybestos pads are still half the price and probably just as good or better than OEM.

I can confirm. The Raybestos LCA's I replaced my OEM MOPAR one's with on my Grand Jeep Cherokee were EXCELLENT. They were so good that after changing them, the alignment shop confirmed that I honestly didn't even NEED a realignment. The specs were a touch off, but close enough that 1 pot-hole could have caused it. The fit/finish/feel etc. of the parts was equal to OEM MOPAR. The Raybestos brake discs I bought for same vehicle were a similar experience, and are actually the IDENTICAL part listed as NAPA GOLD for only half the price!

Thanks all for the tips, I ended up going with parts.com and got the front/rear pads for about $63 and $52 respectively. I also picked up an OEM air filter/AC filter as well. Total out the door about $161.

The differences in price between OEM and OEM-like products wasn't that great so I just went w/OEM.

As for rotor change, I'll change at 100k miles. They seem fine for now.

Thanks all for the tips, I ended up going with parts.com and got the front/rear pads for about $63 and $52 respectively. I also picked up an OEM air filter/AC filter as well. Total out the door about $161.
The differences in price between OEM and OEM-like products wasn't that great so I just went w/OEM.
As for rotor change, I'll change at 100k miles. They seem fine for now.
I'm with you I'd get OEM pads for my Mazda too although they may not be the best or the most cost effective! I simply like to keep everything original in my vehicles. :)

Do take advice from PatrickGSR94, if you don't replace the rotors, resurface them before you put in the new pads.

I'm with you I'd get OEM pads for my Mazda too although they may not be the best or the most cost effective! I simply like to keep everything original in my vehicles. :)

Do take advice from PatrickGSR94, if you don't replace the rotors, resurface them before you put in the new pads.

My G20 had over 100K miles when I changed pads. I did NOTHING for the rotors. I beat the hell out of the car through the Ozark mountains on the way home to break things in. Stopping distances were terrible because the rotors were grooved and the pads made very irregular contact. However, after 100 miles or so of flogging it through the mountains...it worked great! I sold it at 130k miles or something and it was still working great! No shimmy, judder, nothing.

That said, on a nice newer vehicle, I'd just replace the front rotors, personally. For $40-50 a rotor, why not? The rear rotors, a light resurface wouldn't bother me.

New rotors every time for me... resurface just meant quicker warping symptoms on any vehicle I have owned. My former '02 Maxima and current G35x eats a set ever 30K miles.

Back