Best Protege Engine Mounts?

:
2002.5 Mazda Protege ES
Ok, getting ready to buy some engine mounts and am wondering what to go with?

The car isn't a track car, more interested in lower vibration than ultimate performance.

I've seen the AWR . . . what are the other options out there?

For lower vibratiosn stick with the stockers and inserts. Other then that your going to get vibrations with any "solid" mount you buy. You have the AWR, Medievil, SLS, and I think thats it besides stockers.

yea, inserts dont give much vibrations at all, AWR 70 duro mounts give a little vibration, nothing really to crazy though
I have full inserts, corksport front/rear and AWR sides, and no complaints here

Agreed stick with stock type MMs, as that will be the only way you have no noticeable increase in vibration at idle or with the a/c on.

as mentioned above stock mounts for no vibes, and inserts for the least amount. I only have inserts in my rear mount after having the front and side replaced with stockers. The vibes on initial start up were crazy, the steering wheel was shaking and vibrating. That was only for a few days 2-3 most. Now the only thing is if I don't rev above 1k in 1st , the shaking/vibration happens.

Ok, so I've seen the AWR mounts for sale a lot of places. Where would I find the Medievil and SLS for sale?

Generally speaking, going with aftermarket mounts just takes up a bit of the slop/movement in the drivetrain, right? Guessing this would be more of an issue if I decide to Auto-X my car then.

you will get vibrations from those as well. I had a set on my old p5 and loved them. Here everyone really needs to read up on this thread... its about the same thing and vibratiosn from solid mounts. Post 14 is a post that I recieved a infraction for giving my opinion on solid motor mounts just becuase i used the words Street Unit... I think that MOD who gave me a infraction must of got rejected by his/her other half the night before and took it out on me that day. lol.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-mounts-really-that-bad&p=3572869#post3572869

Last edited:
I have those billet mounts in my car and love them. i like the way they look compared to most, and the duro is not too bad for daily. but i also don't drive my car in the colder weather is it is stored nov till april

Last edited:
I have a random question about motor mounts. I have, after previously trying inserts and not liking even that amount of vibration, decided to replace my worn mounts with new stock mounts. However, when I got the mounts the rear mount appeared to be rotated. The rubber is rotated within the metal support so that once installed the weight of the engine is sitting on the solid rubber part, instead of hanging by that part. I guess you could say it is oriented vertically instead of horizontally. My question, or questions are: Is that some sort of weird intended change? What are your opinions on the extra stress put on the mount by being positioned that way? Has anyone ever tried rotating the rubber within the mount, do you think it could be accomplished without ruining the mount?

quick question. everytime im in 1st gear and i sometimes start letting go of the clutch and it feels like my engine is jumping up and down. i give it a little more gas to releave it. i know it has to be one of my motor mounts. does anyone know which one it might be?

If its wheel hop then its more then likely the pass mount... vibrations with stock mounts is more then likely the rear mount being shot. And if thats shot others are to more then likely. Your post leaves a lot out....

yea seems to be more wheel hop than anything. i dont really get any vibrations at all just the hop. i was told by a guy that used to work for tri point that the front mount is usually the one to give out first. so should i go ahead and change front and passenger sides just to be sure?

I have the same problem as twentytwocp. well i have an AWR front mount and inserts in the tranny mount but rear and passenger mounts are still stock mounts, I dont want much vibration so would it be right if i just put inserts in both of these mounts?

Thanks

lolmy gf hated the solid mounts..... and yes your front mount is generally the first to go out and then your pass then the rear. Most if not all of your wheel hop comes from your side mount. and can be fixed with a solid mount.

Latest posts

Back