Best do-it-yourself dent removal suggestions?

SeCX-9

:
2016 Mazda CX-9 Signature
Hi Gang,

A few weeks ago the wife noticed a nice ding in the passenger door(bang)

No paint or crease damage and I think it can easily be pulled or pushed out. Does anyone recommend any particular tool I can get on Amazon or ebay?

P.S. Love my new Yoko's.....she runs silent and deep now.

Thanks

Thanks Fatti....Yeah...saw that one tonight...it's on my radar. Looking for the group to come to a consensus.....

also you can try removing the door panel and see if you can get to the dent from inside the door.

If you can then try and smooth it out. I would recommend taking a heat gun or blow dryer to the area so you dont crack the paint.

let me know how it turns out.

I have used the Ding-King twice, once for my old BMW, and once for the CX9.
It is good for gulf-ball-size dent (or larger). It won't work for smaller dents (size of a quarter, for example) as well.
It works nicely in general, but you might have to try a couple times. Let the glue cool down completely (i.e. > 5 mins).
You will still see the crease lines vaguely from the side sometimes depending on how your current dents look like.

I doubt PDR can do a much better job than I did, but the kit costs about $20 (I actually borrowed it from my friend - so $0 to me).
If a PDR trip costs you only $50-$75, I would give it a try see how good a job they do if I had know any PDR nearby, but I don't.
I will post pics of before and after tonight.

Thanks for all the advice. Yeah. its not much bigger than a quarter and I figure for under $100 it's worth paying the pro. My only concern with them opening the door panel is that the dealer put some extra foam in there way back when I had lots of things banging around in there. I just want it put back together the way it is now.

I'll drop by and get a quote some weekend.

SeCX-9,
Please remember to post before/after pics.
I would like to see how good a job pro can do...
I will post mine soon.

Thanks for all the advice. Yeah. its not much bigger than a quarter and I figure for under $100 it's worth paying the pro. My only concern with them opening the door panel is that the dealer put some extra foam in there way back when I had lots of things banging around in there. I just want it put back together the way it is now.

I'll drop by and get a quote some weekend.

SeCX,
Not to change the subject/topic, but you mentioned "lots of things banging around in there".

FYI-I had some issues with the auto up drivers door window and a noise that I could only explain as sounding like "loose marbles" rolling inside the door. Audible at acceleration and braking.

Turns out the window actuator/mechanism was hanging loose inside the door. The marbles were actually the mounting nuts and were found rolling around in the bottom of the door buy the service tech. Remounted and all seems fine now.

If the PDR guy is good, you will never know where the dent was as long as the paint is intact. There is one guy I use here, and it is about $50-75, well worth it. Also have the best Leather Dye Guy around.

Back