Best All-Season Michelin 225/55R19 Tires?

Hi All, I am looking to replace the OEM tires on my Mazda CX-5 2016 GT with Michelin all-season tires.

I am getting the following Michelin tire options from Costco:
Michelin - Premier LTX
Michelin - Primacy Tour A/S
Michelin - CrossClimate2

My use-case:
1. Sunbelt state, dry weather.
2. Daily driver with good dry and wet tractions (rain)
3. Reduce cabin noise
4. Good handling
5. Tread life

a) Based on above criteria, I have eliminated CrossClimate2 since it seems to be more geared toward snow driving, which I don't need. Please advise if I am making a mistake by eliminating this option?

b) If CrossClimate2 is right to be eliminated, could someone help deciding between Primacy Tour A/S and Premier LTX (keeping aside cost factor) and what would go well on GT?

Thank you!!

You wear out the outer edges of the tire first, especially the fronts. When you remove and remount, the outside becomes the inside. It made a big difference on my old IROC-Z. Again, I won't be doing that with the CC2's, but if I really wanted to get the maximum life out of them, I would.
Yes, you’re right! I forgot about tire wear affected by camber. By re-mounting and cross-rotating tires keeping the tires on the same rotating direction that definitely will even out the wear on outer edge of the tires caused by positive camber at the front of your old IROC-Z.

My BMW 528i has very negative camber at the rear, and BMW doesn’t recommend tire rotation because of that (claiming for “safety” reason). The inner edge will always be wearing out much faster at the rear.

Upvote 0
I now have 500 miles on my Michelin CrossClimate2s.
Ride is great. Better than the Toyos.
Michelin CC2s are NOT louder than the Toyos. I was concerned about this before I bought them, but subjectively, they sound the same. Objectively, I used the db meter on my Apple Watch and tested the noise on a specific stretch of freeway for each tire: Toyos 62 db, Michelin 62 db. Same.
I expected the MPG to drop, but referencing the trip meter MPG, it didn't. Again, same.
No rain or snow experience with them yet, but I am confident that there will be an improvement over the Toyos. At least I hope so; that's why I upgraded to the Michelins.

Since the first 500 miles went so well, we just had Michelin CC2s installed on our other 2021 CX-5 GTR. Now we will both be ready for winter!

Upvote 0
I have CC2's on my RAV4 Prime, and had LX25's on my CX5. In dry weather on many pavement types, they are indistinguishable, IMO. I htink when the snow comes though, the CC2's will pull ahead. They have been tested as superior in the rain in braking, especially as tread life dwindles. They have not been especially noisy, and even with the engine off doing 80, the car is super quiet. I will buy them again unless the threadlife is trash.

Upvote 0
Back