BC racing or Suspension Techniques ?

chwast

:
2008 Mazda 3 HB
Hi. I'm in the market for coilovers and I need some opinions on both in title. I know that BC's are fully adjustable when st comes pre set. What about quality? I found tht ST's are made by KW ( which I believe are good). Price is the same so I need some help making a decission.

BCs are the lowest of the coil overs you'll ever want to go. Anything below that, don't even waste your time or money.
From what a lot of my Subie friends say, BCs aren't too bad for a DD.

Yellows go low as shittt!!!
169019_1593445760967_1380600051_31475651_369543_n.jpg

Not sure about ride quality but that guy has more threads to go lower!

BC is an american company so if you need anything replaced or repaired you won't have to wait for international shipping. Not sure if suspension techniques is or not. There are a lot of mazda3 owners using BCs daily at all kinds of different heights. If you get the "extreme drop package" you'll tuck some tire.

The yellows go super low too but I would be worried about warranty and such. I am considering them or BCs for my next setup.

I think ST's are made in same factory as KW in germany . I know that a lot of guys are using BC's and I love the way those cars look :) And I'm still not sure if I need fender roll on 18x8 +48 235/40/18 with some drop on coils..

id stay away from the BC's. unless you want to risk them breaking off your spindle, then BC blowing you off for any warranty work.

There was an issue where the lower part of the front strut would break because it was a small diameter piece welded into a larger piece to make the correct fit for the mazda3. I haven't heard of anyone with that issue for a while though.

So i spoke with mechanic today and he said that coilovers install is ~$300 and fender roll is $75/ corner so it's going to be something about $500 for install and fenders work.. Do You know if it's hard to install coils ( I don't mind spend few hours with my car if I can save few houndreds) I know that there are some how-to but i'm wondering if it's very difficult. Do the 18x8 +48 with 235/40/18 will fit without rubbing on stock height mazda3 ( just in case I give up on coilovers for now )

Coilover install is not that hard. Mine took two days but I installed camber arms at the same time and they are a pain on the driver's side. Save yourself the money and do it yourself.

$75 a corner seems pretty pricey too but I don't have any comparison numbers for you on that job since mine are not done yet.

235/40/18 tires on 18x8 +48 should fit okay. If you are worried about rubbing 225/40/18 might be a better choice.

for the price he's charging you to roll the fenders, you could buy the eastwood fender roller brand new, and do it yourself.

I njust found a local guy on some infinty forum who's doing it $35/ corner... and I think i'll try to install coils by myself if I finnaly decide to order them. Just checked how-to and it doesent look difficult..I'm just still not sure if coils are what I want ( I never drove a car with coilovers) My car is DD and I load cargo pretty often (tools, some ikea furniture etc.) so im little worried that it's gona rub a lot after load on coils...

You can adjust the rear of your car a little higher so you end up with forward rake. (The front part leaning down further than the back.) It still looks cool (in my opinion) and you have some wiggle room in the back for when you load up tools and supplies.

Back