Bastian's P5 on a college budget

That's so cheap! We have a free lot on campus (the farthest lot, of course), but everyone fights for that. The cheapest one is $52 for next semester, and that's for motorcycles. Double that cost, and you almost have the cheapest car permit. That would be cool to have a job at a bike shop! I would love to have that if I wasn't makin bank at my job now.

My school still goes by quarters;) one of the few left in Washington State, but its $104 per QUARTER. Luckily I paid my housing deposit early and got free parking all year!;D diggin the swirlies btw

So I just had to replace the driver's side control arm and caliper.... that was the only caliper that hadn't failed me. (hand)

Also, I went to the tire shop yesterday to get snow tires for my steelies. He said he would have them today (perfect! In time for the storm tonight!) but when I arrive, he says, "Oh, sorry, the delivery guy accidently forgot to take your tires off of the truck. They won't be ready until tomorrow afternoon." Great. It's snowing TONIGHT and I have an 11 hour long delivery shift tomorrow starting at 11:00 AM. I already had to drive through about 20 miles of snow today on my almost entirely worn all-seasons with a few near-death experiences...

He said he would have them today (perfect! In time for the storm tonight!) but when I arrive, he says, "Oh, sorry, the delivery guy accidently forgot to take your tires off of the truck. They won't be ready until tomorrow afternoon."

This same thing has happened to me twice now... probably some kind of tire hoarding conspiracy ;)

Wait you're back to delivering now? Just for break?
And that's why I got my snow tires when I did. Waaaay before there was any hint of a snow storm. I will admit, it was a bit early, but so worth it once the snow finally decided to start falling.

Yeah I'm back to delivering just for break. Only reason I didn't get the tires sooner is that I wasn't in town until late Friday night. I went down to the tire shop Monday morning and it took them until Wednesday afternoon to get their act together.

That being said, I have the snow tires now.

AND I LOVE THEM.

I was thinking of getting those but I didn't want to get em for my 16s.

I take it you're having fun with them :)

So little update... My rear bumper was starting to fall off due to the tab rusting off. So... zip ties!

Also, my driver's seatbelt latch stopped latching on the day before Christmas Eve. I just ordered a replacement for that today and I am hoping against hope that it gets here before January 6th.

Everything is just starting to fall apart at this point... I really need this car to last me four more years.

I know the feelin. All of it happens at once, and it's really frustrating. Is someone driving your car at all while you're at school? Even once a month or somethin like that? I know that won't help with the seatbelt issue, but it could help prevent other ones.

I'm pretty sure the failure of the seatbelt can be directly attributed to pizza delivery. Clicking in and out all night really puts a toll on those little plastic pieces.

I can't honestly know if my car was being driven at all while I was away. Almost every time I came home, the battery was on the charger because the car wouldn't start. My dad isn't super reliable when it comes to those kinds of things.

Aaahhh I could see the seat belt thing. So I'll be expecting mine to fail pretty shortly....

And I feel ya with on that other thing. I had to do that with my sisters car today. She can't take it to college, and my parents don't drive it so I had to make sure it ran for her when she got back from break.

Today was semi-productive... managed to wash the car and clean my trunk off all of the miscellaneous crap that has accumulated over the years. I also (finally!) fitted a baffle over my subwoofer to protect it from stray ski poles. Also quick interior clean. I'm only telling you these things because I haven't done them since summer... :(

Went on a ride with my buddy tonight in his new-to-him 2011 STI. My god... it makes me look at my car more and more as the rust-bucket appliance that it really is.

Sorry this is a noob question but how do you add the pictures to the post like you did?

Usually there is an option somewhere on whatever site it is that you host your pictures that'll say "embed" or something like that. I use Microsoft SkyDrive so that's where I got my example from.

Went on a ride with my buddy tonight in his new-to-him 2011 STI. My god... it makes me look at my car more and more as the rust-bucket appliance that it really is.

One reason I'm not looking forward to trying to buy an MS3 this summer... Also one reason I plan to buy an MS3 over an MS6: I can justify keeping the P5 as a winter beater. Sad part is I only drove it for a year... If I don't get an MS3/6, I'll either be looking to get a cafe racer styled motorcycle or a relatively inexpensive Miata.

So little update... My rear bumper was starting to fall off due to the tab rusting off. So... zip ties!

Also, my driver's seatbelt latch stopped latching on the day before Christmas Eve. I just ordered a replacement for that today and I am hoping against hope that it gets here before January 6th.

Everything is just starting to fall apart at this point... I really need this car to last me four more years.

I feel you im in college and I need my car to last until I can upgrade, but I really like it. My rear wheel fender arches and trunk had the typical protg cancer. So I took it to my friends dads friends shop and I got the fender arches replaced with new ones welded in. And I got the trunk hole fixed, as for underneath......well that's a whole issue in itself, lets just say I may need some sheet metal eventually.

Back