AWR / Ron Davis Radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radiator is SOLD!

This is the radiator that Protege Garage sells for $525. It is sold as an AWR radiator but is actually manufactured by Ron Davis in Glendale, AZ. It is a stock replacement, but far superior cooling capacity than stock.

I purchased it in November of 2009, so it is almost exactly four years old.

When installing my hard pipes two years ago, I noticed a small amount of coolant resting on the bottom tank.
Since the manufacturer is nearby, I took the radiator to Ron Davis. Unfortunately, they said since it was past the one year warranty, they could not help. They recommended I take it to Performance Radiator who does their repairs. Performance Radiator confirmed that there were pinhole sized leaks at all four corners, and said they could attempt a repair for $70. Ron Davis did not offer to compensate me in any way, other than 20% off a new one. Since the holes were so small, they suggested that I try Alumiseal before spending $70 on a repair.

It definitely helped. I haven't had to add any coolant in the last two years, and the bottom tank has been bone dry, but I've had to wipe down my intercooler pipes from time to time.

The price is $150 shipped (Canada/AK/HI extra).

bG9lqdu.jpg

cRj3Yen.jpg

Last edited:
I do belive its a fair price, i just dont have the money.. so if you dont get it sold ill take it for $100 shipped. pm me anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back