Awkward Reflection

hey avoiding deer, don't ask ....... I didn't see it until it was posted on
this forum ! same for the dash lights...... now I see both ! Now I'll have to
roll back my memory (brain) to a earlier version ! haha , west world humor

hey avoiding deer, don't ask ....... I didn't see it until it was posted on
this forum ! same for the dash lights...... now I see both ! Now I'll have to
roll back my memory (brain) to a earlier version ! haha , west world humor
Man, I though twice before asking.

It's like that picture where you only see the pretty young woman.
Then some jerk points out the old hag.

Ruined forever.

Okay, so I took my car in for service today and had a diesel loaner. For the first time, I noticed the air vent reflection in the side view mirror.

Guess what I cannot unsee in my own car now.

*sigh*

Okay, so I took my car in for service today and had a diesel loaner. For the first time, I noticed the air vent reflection in the side view mirror.

Guess what I cannot unsee in my own car now.

*sigh*
The reflection is actually on the window, it just covers where the mirror is. This one honestly doesn't bug me, the one that I notice more often is seeing the entire surround of the HUD on top of the dash reflected on the windshield.

Damnit!!! I see it right now in my 2019 sig (took me a few minutes to find it, but, I can never find Waldo either).

Gimme 10 min and I’ll forget about it.

What were we talking about?

Damnit!!! I see it right now in my 2019 sig (took me a few minutes to find it, but, I can never find Waldo either).

Gimme 10 min and I’ll forget about it.

What were we talking about?
We were talking about how the older you get, the more you reflect.
Or the more you vent.

Or sometimes both at the same time.

My wife would agree, I think I’m still in venting stage. Although, we went out for a drink earlier and now I’m reflecting.

Age has done me well. Things I vent about I usually forget and then I reflect once I remember. Not a bad way to live.

My wife would agree, I think I’m still in venting stage. Although, we went out for a drink earlier and now I’m reflecting.

Age has done me well. Things I vent about I usually forget and then I reflect once I remember. Not a bad way to live.
I'm right there with you.

I don't have neighbors around me who have kids, so I drive around and when I see some outside playing I yell "Get off your yard!" It helps relieve stress. And I set an example of what they have to look forward to when they get old.

As I recline the seat backand pla7 with the heighht, the image from the dash on the windshield disappears with the exception of the screen.

New owner here. CX-5 2.5 Turbo

I read the posts and tried not to look....

But it's too late! There it is, the reflection of the chrome a/c vent smack in the middle of my rear view mirror.

Once you've seen it, it can't be unseen.

Urgh!!!
Welcome to the forum.
You want a list of other things to not see? Hmmmm????? ;)

If it makes you feel better, that vent reflection does not show in all lighting conditions. I had my car (2019 GT Reserve) for a year before noticing it, and that was only after driving a loaner where it was very prominent (maybe the different angle of that seat's adjustment), and as soon as I got back in my car, there it was.

I can share something else that you guys may want to check and see, or not. ;)

The center touch screen display on my wife's CX-3 has some blemishes in the screen. It looks fine in normal lighting conditions, but if the sun is directly overhead, the reflections will expose few dozen tiny specks or air bubble/imperfections beneath the surface of the screen.

Oh well, I'll bring to the dealer's attention for the first service next month and see if they can claim a new screen for me.

Haven't noticed it on the CX-5. Yet.

If it makes you feel better, that vent reflection does not show in all lighting conditions. I had my car (2019 GT Reserve) for a year before noticing it, and that was only after driving a loaner where it was very prominent (maybe the different angle of that seat's adjustment), and as soon as I got back in my car, there it was.

Tinted windows might have reduced the reflection on my car. It was not noticeable until I tried looking for it. It wouldn't bother me, I hope. LOL. Perhaps a loaner without any tint on the windows reflected the chrome more.

Tinted windows might have reduced the reflection on my car. It was not noticeable until I tried looking for it. It wouldn't bother me, I hope. LOL. Perhaps a loaner without any tint on the windows reflected the chrome more.
The loaner was a CX-9. That setup might have made a difference. It was right in my face like a projected picture, distracting from the image in side view mirror.

Even when I look for it in my CX-5, I can't always see it. And it's rarely so vivid in my car as to be annoying.

So have you noticed the reflection of the HUD cavity in the windshield?
How about the dash gauges brightly reflecting along the top of the windshield at night?

Again, it was not until very recently that I noticed these things. But I'm retired so am not in the car every day, routinely driving in a variety of conditions. And these reflections are not there all the time. But when they are, they can't be ignored.

AD,
I had both reflections yesterday. I find with having the HUD you tend to look forward more. You know another thing that bothers me is not having a good clock in the CX-5!! With the HUD and the dash space and the area above the air and heating controls you would think they could have put a nice clock. It's really bad if you use Android Auto with Waze all you get is that little thing in the upper left side of the screen. I guess you can ask Google assistant...Lol.

Haven't had this problem. During daylight hours, I'm usually using polarized sunglasses.

You could easily vinyl wrap them if you're having an issue, though.
HUD works much better if you use non-polarized sunglasses. They are readily available on-line.

Back