AWD 20" Drifting to left

BladeZ

:
Mazda CX-9 GT AWD
My GT has only 1000 miles on it so far and it feels like its pulling to the left. If I take my hands off the wheel for 2-3 seconds, I will have moved an entire lane over, regardless of which lane I'm in on the highway.

The dealer gave me the standard "it follows the crown of the road story" but this seems too bad to use that excuse. I took the mechanic out with me on the road to show him. He said, "Is that how you drive?! You let go of the wheel?!" Then he admitted there were more tests that he can run, such as rotating the tires and checking if they are all balanced properly.

Anyone else see any pulling in their CX-9, specifically AWD and 20" Rims??

Some tires can "grab" grooves in the road and pull you in different directions but if this is happening everywhere then thats not likely the cause. I'd say rotate and balance the tires and if that doesnt solve it, check the alignment.

BladeZ said:
My GT has only 1000 miles on it so far and it feels like its pulling to the left. If I take my hands off the wheel for 2-3 seconds, I will have moved an entire lane over, regardless of which lane I'm in on the highway.

The dealer gave me the standard "it follows the crown of the road story" but this seems too bad to use that excuse. I took the mechanic out with me on the road to show him. He said, "Is that how you drive?! You let go of the wheel?!" Then he admitted there were more tests that he can run, such as rotating the tires and checking if they are all balanced properly.

Anyone else see any pulling in their CX-9, specifically AWD and 20" Rims??

Mine did as well (Touring, FWD 18").

There is a technical bulleting that mentions this . Point your dealer to it. I got it realigned and the problem was fixed.

http://www.finishlineperformance.com/cx9/bulletins.html

Thank you so much for the technical bulletin. I can't believe this, I'm so pissed at them. Are all dealers as clueless as mine? I just always get the feeling they will do as little as humanly possibly to get my car out the door.

BladeZ said:
Thank you so much for the technical bulletin. I can't believe this, I'm so pissed at them. Are all dealers as clueless as mine? I just always get the feeling they will do as little as humanly possibly to get my car out the door.

Mine had the same problem. Took it to the dealer and they verified the problem and were aware of technical Service Bulletin (Mazda CX9 TSB 02-003/07). In my case they swapped the two front tires which seemed to fix the problem.

I bought my CX-9 and my Mazda3 from Wantagh. My service issues are with Country Mazda, which I live closer to. Country wasn't willing to match the price of Wantagh for the sale on the CX-9.

Wantagh is AAA dealer, so you should start your negotiations there and work down. Good luck!

Back