Autolock doors?

mammut

I dont want to head into the dealer etc to have them setup the autolocking of the doors when the smart key is > 30 feet away from the CX-9, as knowing this them it will take them 4 hours to make a 5 minute change and they will say it cant be done first.

Need to find a new dealer...:(

Anyone with the service manual etc have the steps to make the update?

(gossip)

Last edited:
I would be interested as well. Don't you lose a function if you add this feature? I will have to look in the manual, but I recall something about switching features.

The upgrade is to your onboard ECU and has to be programmed. Unless you have software and hardware to upgrade the car yourself, you will be stuck going to the dealer.

When I went to my dealer to have it done (opted out). they said I would have to sign a release. The release basically said they can't guarentee that it would lock when you walk away because there can be some radio interference, so I opted out.

mammut said:
I dont want to head into the dealer etc to have them setup the autolocking of the doors when the smart key is > 30 feet away from the CX-9, as knowing this them it will take them 4 hours to make a 5 minute change and they will say it cant be done first.

Need to find a new dealer...:(

Anyone with the service manual etc have the steps to make the update?

(gossip)

Infymus said:
The upgrade is to your onboard ECU and has to be programmed. Unless you have software and hardware to upgrade the car yourself, you will be stuck going to the dealer.

Thanks for the info. Figured it had to be something....

mammut said:
Thanks for the info. Figured it had to be something....

Yeah, but you can still lock it via the remote or door pushbutton right? I am thinking this is a good backup if we forget to lock it, or sometimes I forget to lock it at home, and would want it locked at night.

My car is at dealer tomorrow, I can have them make this change....

Seeing how they respond to my request about the auto headlamps warning. :)

From the owner's manual -

(Auto-lock function)
A beep sound is heard when all doors and the liftgate are closed while the advanced key is being carried. All doors and the liftgate are locked automatically after about 3 seconds when the advanced key is out of the operational range. Also, the hazard warning lights flash once. (Even if the driver is in the operational range, all doors and the liftgate are locked automatically after about 30 seconds.) If you are out of the operational range
before the doors and the liftgate are completely closed or another advanced key is left in the vehicle, the auto-lock function will not work. Always make sure that all doors and the liftgate are closed and locked before leaving the vehicle.

My only question is, if the windows are not closed, will this PREVENT the auto-lock feature from working, or does this just mean that the auto-lock will not AUTOMATICALLY close the windows for you if you left them open?

I've been considering having this feature enables, as my wife is constantly walking away and leaving our vehicles unlocked.

l-miwa said:
My only question is, if the windows are not closed, will this PREVENT the auto-lock feature from working, or does this just mean that the auto-lock will not AUTOMATICALLY close the windows for you if you left them open?

The state of the windows or sunroof does not have any impact relative to the described operation. That is, the operation is the same whether windows are open or closed. Window state is never changed by this operation. That is, open windows will stay open, closed windows will stay closed.

This is without the alarm shock sensor. When I have the alarm shock sensor installed (if Mazda ever delivers it), I will report if the behaviour is different. I mention this because one of my other cars has an interior motion sensor as part of the alarm. If you leave the windows open, even slightly, the alarm is very likely to be triggered by wind. There is a facility to press the lock/arm button twice to disable the motion sensor, but keep all other alarm functions armed on that car. Point is, additional sensors may change behaviours.

Lexx

My dealer seemed confused, but was ultimately able to enable this for me. I only left them the valet key, so they couldn't test, but then I confirmed its functionality once I got home.

Ok, I'm new to the board... Sorry for the dumb question... Will the doors auto lock once started with the smart key?

Immo,

The doors do not autolock when you start moving even with the smart key. You can, however, have the car autolock when you leave the car if you have the smart key.

Also you don't need to post the same question in so many different threads.

Autolock is sensitive

Hi All,

I find my autolock to be sensitive. I keep reading that it's auto function is supposed to lock at 30ft +/-, where as mine locks at 5 ft +/-

Am I thinking of the right thing?

Currently, I approach my car with the smartkey, unlock the doors using the door handle button (once for me, twice for passengers). When I leave the car, I close all of the doors and walk away, when I get past 5ft or so, the doors lock, and beep.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Hi All,

I find my autolock to be sensitive. I keep reading that it's auto function is supposed to lock at 30ft +/-, where as mine locks at 5 ft +/-

Am I thinking of the right thing?

Currently, I approach my car with the smartkey, unlock the doors using the door handle button (once for me, twice for passengers). When I leave the car, I close all of the doors and walk away, when I get past 5ft or so, the doors lock, and beep.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Mine does the same. This is OK for me, but in my case the Autolock is unreliable. About 30% of the time it will not lock if only the driver side door was used. If I consequently open another door or the hatch, then it works again. Taking it back to the dealer today. Anyone also have this issue?

Mine does the same. This is OK for me, but in my case the Autolock is unreliable. About 30% of the time it will not lock if only the driver side door was used. If I consequently open another door or the hatch, then it works again. Taking it back to the dealer today. Anyone also have this issue?

It hasn't been unreliable yet, just annoying that I can't walk around my car to get my daughter out of the car without it locking! I'm starting to think it might have someting to do with the batteries...

On that note, It is unreliable in another sense, wheni'm unloacking via the handle button, sometimes it dosn't open the passenger doors on the second push. It just relocks the car

Thanks for the info - it is good to know as I am considering having the dealer to program the autolock for me. They are asking for $95 plus tax so I think I am not doing it if unreliable.

It ... I can't walk around my car to get my daughter out of the car without it locking!

I've found that if I walk around the front, it locks (no sensor in front), but if I walk around the back, it doesn't lock (sensor in the rear hatch).

I've found that if I walk around the front, it locks (no sensor in front), but if I walk around the back, it doesn't lock (sensor in the rear hatch).

Thanks for the hint, I suspected that as well!

do other people have this same problem, everyone is mentioning this 30ft thing?

They are asking for $95 plus tax ...

Unless I'm mistaken, the dealers are supposed to set this (for free) to your preference as part of the delivery process. If you subsequently change your mind and want it reset, they can then charge you.

My dealer said to think about it and come back when I had decided. A week later, I went for the autolock and it took them literally 2 minutes to do - at no charge.

Back