Autocrossing My MS3

Sorax

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3
I've been running my girl at every SoloAtlanta Points event this season. My CAI forced me into Street Touring Unlimited which has me mixing it up with M3s, STIs and EVOs. So my car is generally considered uncompetitive.

No big deal. I'm just there to have fun and improve my driving skills. But this past Sunday I was able to turn in a run that earned me 2nd place in Class. It felt pretty awesome to beat a bunch of STIs.

It is certainly no "small step for man" or anything. But I'm proud of it. And with a couple more mods I might be able to make her consistently competitive. Anyways, thought I'd share my video of the ride. Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZhYCZdXTs

(cheers)(dance)
AND GUESS WHAT? ITS NOT THE MODS
I've been running my girl at every SoloAtlanta Points event this season. My CAI forced me into Street Touring Unlimited which has me mixing it up with M3s, STIs and EVOs. So my car is generally considered uncompetitive.

No big deal. I'm just there to have fun and improve my driving skills. But this past Sunday I was able to turn in a run that earned me 2nd place in Class. It felt pretty awesome to beat a bunch of STIs.

It is certainly no "small step for man" or anything. But I'm proud of it. And with a couple more mods I might be able to make her consistently competitive. Anyways, thought I'd share my video of the ride. Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZhYCZdXTs

You can handle most evo and sti guys. I was in STU for about 2 years. I generally won, unless a pro solo guy showed up and destroyed me. Some coilovers will help you a good bit. You also need to fit some larger tires up front. You can get 255's to fit, I ran in DSP with FD wheels and 255's all around. Have fun beating up on the AWD guys:)

I've ran a few Atlanta events in the past (the night event at AMS last year was one) and enjoyed it. I should be able to make the next event June 14th at Turner Field since I'll be in town anyways. Look forward to seeing more MS3's out there.

You can handle most evo and sti guys. I was in STU for about 2 years. I generally won, unless a pro solo guy showed up and destroyed me. Some coilovers will help you a good bit. You also need to fit some larger tires up front. You can get 255's to fit, I ran in DSP with FD wheels and 255's all around. Have fun beating up on the AWD guys:)
Cool to read a fellow MS3 kicking some AWD arse.

I'm still fairly new to autoX and learning how to drive it has been a fun, interesting process. And every bit of progress just makes me want to do it more.

My suspension is completely stock. And although I think it does a fairly good job it's deficiencies have become more apparent as I push it. Upgrading to coilovers is part of my plan for hopefully 2-3 months from now. Learning about the Mazdaspeed Development helped push up the time frame.

I just got 8" wheels and 235/40 tires. Haven't had a chance to run them at the track yet but street performance is noticeably improved, particularly at launch versus stock. What kind of fender work did you have to do to fit 255s?

I've ran a few Atlanta events in the past (the night event at AMS last year was one) and enjoyed it. I should be able to make the next event June 14th at Turner Field since I'll be in town anyways. Look forward to seeing more MS3's out there.
I've heard some people talk about that event but I couldn't make it. I'm sure it was a blast.

There's a couple different MS3s that show up off and on. It always great to see a bunch of us out there. And when I look at the results I compare myself to Class as much as the other MS3s.

See ya in June.

I've heard some people talk about that event but I couldn't make it. I'm sure it was a blast.

There's a couple different MS3s that show up off and on. It always great to see a bunch of us out there. And when I look at the results I compare myself to Class as much as the other MS3s.

See ya in June.
Ssshh!

you will learn more on crappy tires

pass it on

Back