Audio issues with new rear-seat entertainment system in 2019 CX-9

Hi all,

I just got a new CX-9 GT with Mazdas rear-seat Entertainment System. Biggest problem I have with the system is an audio delay while playing DVDs. Its more than a second which is more annoying than one would think when you watch a movie.
Heres how the system works: DVD plays on monitor B which is mirrored to monitor A which has the audio connection to AUX. When playing media on the two screens individually things are ok, still a bit of a delay but not too bad. What I realized is that when a DVD is played the audio on monitor B is louder. I assume that means there is a separate amplifier involved when the DVD player is involved. Thats probably cause number one for the delay. Secondly I assume that mirroring content from monitor B to A causes another delay. Lastly, I assume the cars amplifier adds another delay since the audio is fed from monitor A into AUX. It just seems to me that this is a cheap system, not well tested it maybe it wasnt installed correctly? Does anyone have any thoughts?

This basically renders watching DVDs impossible, which was the main reason why we got the entertainment system in the first place. Since it is a factory-installed system and a new package offered by Mazda I believe that Mazda should be held accountable to correct this issue. Thoughts?

Cheers. Andreas

Yep, I would raise the issue with the dealership. If they are not willing to assist, contact Mazda Corporate and file a complaint. The way the system is operating is definitely not normal.

What market are you in? As far as I know, US and Canadian markets do not get the rear-seat entertainment package, not even as an option.

Yep, I would raise the issue with the dealership. If they are not willing to assist, contact Mazda Corporate and file a complaint. The way the system is operating is definitely not normal.

What market are you in? As far as I know, US and Canadian markets do not get the rear-seat entertainment package, not even as an option.

I am in Northern California. Mazda just added the rear-seat entertainment package as an option. It also can be retrofitted for 2016 and later models.

I am in Northern California. Mazda just added the rear-seat entertainment package as an option. It also can be retrofitted for 2016 and later models.

Ah I see, I guess I'm just behind the times. It looks like they also added the illuminated door sills as an accessory option.

Please keep us updated on the issue. Hopefully your dealer steps up and assists.

Hi all,

I just got a new CX-9 GT with Mazdas rear-seat Entertainment System. Biggest problem I have with the system is an audio delay while playing DVDs. Its more than a second which is more annoying than one would think when you watch a movie.
Heres how the system works: DVD plays on monitor B which is mirrored to monitor A which has the audio connection to AUX. When playing media on the two screens individually things are ok, still a bit of a delay but not too bad. What I realized is that when a DVD is played the audio on monitor B is louder. I assume that means there is a separate amplifier involved when the DVD player is involved. Thats probably cause number one for the delay. Secondly I assume that mirroring content from monitor B to A causes another delay. Lastly, I assume the cars amplifier adds another delay since the audio is fed from monitor A into AUX. It just seems to me that this is a cheap system, not well tested it maybe it wasnt installed correctly? Does anyone have any thoughts?

This basically renders watching DVDs impossible, which was the main reason why we got the entertainment system in the first place. Since it is a factory-installed system and a new package offered by Mazda I believe that Mazda should be held accountable to correct this issue. Thoughts?

Cheers. Andreas
Hi Andreas
Do you know how to sun the remote or do yours just work my remote will not connect?

Back