Are you waiting for a third-generation CX-5?

If what you say is true - a 282hp / 251 ft/lb 3.0 I-6 is what is coming - I am glad I bought my '21. I will gladly give up 32hp for 69ft/lbs. I am sure the I-6 will sound better, but the numbers aren't that impressive.
Yes, I agree!

If what you say is true - a 282hp / 251 ft/lb 3.0 I-6 is what is coming - I am glad I bought my '21. I will gladly give up 32hp for 69ft/lbs. I am sure the I-6 will sound better, but the numbers aren't that impressive.

I agree, but the hp/tq numbers aren't the only factors to consider. There's the potential difference in fuel economy, potential difference in weight, potential difference in reliability, etc. Personally, I see myself doing the same thing I did for my CX-9, which is to wait a couple of years and hang out on the forums to see if any glaring issues or recalls come up, then make a decision from there. I can see myself shopping for a new car in 4-5 years (not necessarily a replacement to the CX-9), so we'll see where Mazda and the other brands are at that time.

I agree, but the hp/tq numbers aren't the only factors to consider. There's the potential difference in fuel economy, potential difference in weight, potential difference in reliability, etc. Personally, I see myself doing the same thing I did for my CX-9, which is to wait a couple of years and hang out on the forums to see if any glaring issues or recalls come up, then make a decision from there. I can see myself shopping for a new car in 4-5 years (not necessarily a replacement to the CX-9), so we'll see where Mazda and the other brands are at that time.
Of course not, but I can't see a 3.0l 282hp I6 getting phenomenal MPG either. We will know in a year or so in any event...

Of course not, but I can't see a 3.0l 282hp I6 getting phenomenal MPG either. We will know in a year or so in any event...

Maybe if they add Cylinder Deactivation... LOL just kidding!

Back