Are you looking for a Speed 3?

:
'08 Mazdaspeed3
I first want to start off by saying that I am not affiliated with any dealer. I thought I would just point out an opportunity for potential savings to fellow (soon-to-be) Speeders. I have nothing to gain here.

Mods: If this post is in the wrong place, I apologize. I tried to find the most approriate place for this.

If you are looking for a Speed3, you may want to check out the Columbus, Ohio area for cars. Friday, I was at the dealership having the ECU reflashed when I noticed a line of Speed3s on the lot. I walked around the lot and counted 12. This included a couple Metro Gray and Crystal Whites. This seemed odd to me since one of the sales guys stated a month or so ago that they were still hard to come by. I think it was a line of :bs:

There are 3 dealers here, Byers, Mazda Direct, and Ricart. As of today, I found 28 2008 and 08.5s in GT and Sport in all colors. One of the dealers I would avoid based on previous experience and the other 2 are pretty fair.

Last edited:
Wow that is a lot of speed3's in one area, dealers around the metro detroit area i see between 1-3 of them. Wonder how they allocated so many of them.
When I was talking about getting my CWP the dealer did say if they couldnt find any here he could look at getting one from Ohio.

I first want to start off by saying that I am not affiliated with any dealer. I thought I would just point out an opportunity for potential savings to fellow (soon-to-be) Speeders. I have nothing to gain here.

Mods: If this post is in the wrong place, I apologize. I tried to find the most approriate place for this.

If you are looking for a Speed3, you may want to check out the Columbus, Ohio area for cars. Friday, I was at the dealership having the ECU reflashed when I noticed a line of Speed3s on the lot. I walked around the lot and counted 12. This included a couple Metro Gray and Crystal Whites. This seemed odd to me since one of the sales guys stated a month or so ago that they were still hard to come by. I think it was a line of :bs:

There are 3 dealers here, Byers, Mazda Direct, and Ricart. As of today, I found 28 2008 and 08.5s in GT and Sport in all colors. One of the dealers I would avoid based on previous experience and the other 2 are pretty fair.

Hard to come by? I call BS too.... Reason being, I was told by several dealers that Mazda, for the first time ever is offering S-plan on the Speeds.

Well thats crap, I dont see how they would make any money doing that, the dealer accidentally left the commission paperwork in my car and i saw how much the salesmen and dealer made for selling me the car and it wasnt exactly much...

Well thats crap, I dont see how they would make any money doing that, the dealer accidentally left the commission paperwork in my car and i saw how much the salesmen and dealer made for selling me the car and it wasnt exactly much...

I sold cars for 15 years, commission paper work is never done before the car is delivered to the customer, the only people who know what the dealer makes is the cfo and the owner

maybe they "accidentally" left it in there so you didn't think you got a bad deal (sssh)

Most of the dealers I've been to around here have between 3-5 of them on the lots. They aren't selling as quickly as they used to. I believe there is a smaller market for a 14 second sport wagon than some may think.

Most of the dealers I've been to around here have between 3-5 of them on the lots. They aren't selling as quickly as they used to. I believe there is a smaller market for a 14 second sport wagon than some may think.

the other problem is that the market is really quite saturated. there's a lot of additional alternatives since 2007, so ms3 sales are really feeling the bite, i think. this is why i find it unlikely that mazda will be extending the life cycle of the ms3 beyond this year...=d

Well it worked then, I believe I got a good enough deal on the car. I may be mistaken but thats what the paperwork looked like, had the commission percent hold back and gross and everything. Not a big deal.

Does anyone know production numbers like how many sports or gt's they made or by color brake down? They made about 5000 of these each year right?

they're just being ghey and trying to limit a product in the market so they can get more for the car. Simple supply and demand aspects.. especially with all the hype on car magazines and word on the street about HOW great a car the MS3 is for how little it costs. Although, wouldn't you do the same? hahaha. oh well still ghey.

Yeah they hyped up the car a lot, not to say it doesnt deserve some hype but they are trying to make it out as this rare car that you wont be able to come across so if you find one you should buy it and be happy with paying MSRP. Thats what one dealer i went to said anyway, the place i bought it from gave $500 off MSRP.

My friend with an 05 RSX-S was looking at my car and his eyes bugged out of his head when he found out it cost less than his car.

Back