anything to be done about rapid tire wear?

Are you with the bridgestone ot goodyear?Because bridgestone is crap and from what ive heard about the goodyear they are nether bad or good.One is for sure - they are better than bridgestone

Just went outside and looked -- I have the Bridgestone Turanza's.

This is rediculous... 13500 miles and my fronts are bald. My dealership says they wont do anything and Mazda says they wont do anything and I assume there is nothing that Bridgestone will do.

"They put too soft of a tire on the vehicle." I mean how is that my fault? I feel ripped off :(.

Anyone have experience with this?

I am very very seriously considering getting rid of this car... *sorry have to rant*

It might be your driving style. I don't think that how soft the tire is has much to do with it as the Bridgestone's have a treadwear of 300 and the Goodyear's have a treadwear rating of 260. If anything, the Goodyears technically will wear faster. I personally think that the tires are too narrow.

My wife got 30K out of the OEM Goodyears. Right now we are 3K into a new set of Falken Ziex S/TZ-04 255-55-18. The wide tire should help spread the load out better.

Right now we are 3K into a new set of Falken Ziex S/TZ-04 255-55-18.

Sounds like a pretty good fit...speedometer reading with that size tire is only 0.2% too fast (or roughly, your speedo will say 60mph when you're in fact only going 59.9 mph)

How is the fitment? Any rubbing on tight turns? I may go this route eventually.

Sounds like a pretty good fit...speedometer reading with that size tire is only 0.2% too fast (or roughly, your speedo will say 60mph when you're in fact only going 59.9 mph)

How is the fitment? Any rubbing on tight turns? I may go this route eventually.

The nice thing about that size is that it is more common and thus tire prices are cheaper. You are correct, there is very minimal speedo error. Very similar when you calculate indicated 80mph, you are actually 79.8. That is well within spec for the Feds in how much margin of error a speedo is allowed to have. Plus, if you think about it, that error continuously changes over the life of a tire due to the tread wearing.

Fitment is just fine. It actually looks better than before. I didn't think that 20mm would do much visually, but it has a much more aggressive look with the wider tires. No rubbing what so ever. One odd thing that happened that I have never had happen was the steering got lighter. Generally a wider lower profile tire makes things harder. Might be a softer sidewall allowing the tire to flex a bit before it moves with the wheel, but once she got accustomed to the new steering input things are back to the way they were.

I can't speak for any other brand in this size, but I am very happy with the way these Falkens perform. So far, they ride very nice, have the same amount of grip as before (based on how often I get the traction control light to light up) and they are quieter than the Goodyears.

We ran through our Bridgestones on our 07 CX7 in 18k. My buddy (bought a CX7 GT the same day we bought our Sport) ran 36k on his Good Years. Both AWD CX-7's. His wife would always comment about the better ride on the bridgestones and that ours was quieter. So, you trade performance and ride for tread life I guess...

You can get springs for the edge. They will fit the CX7. H&R makes springs for the CX7 as well. SU has them and or Tire rack I beleive...

I've got about 5,000 miles on a new set of Continental CrossContact UHP in 255/55/18, and they are kick a$$ tires. Our CX-7 came with the Goodyears, and they were done after 25k. I would HIGHLY recommend the CrossContact UHP for this vehicle.

The Nitto NT420S seem to get stellar reviews everywhere I look as do the Falken Ziex S/TZ-04 and several Michelin models. While I'm not ready for tires, I'll probably look to the Nittos or Falkens as they seem to be the best bang for your buck.

Back