Anyone With The Mhp C.a.i

has anyone with this intake found a perminate solution to the rubbin of hte intake on the brake master cylander??...i keep hearing it hit the cylender and i am woorried about the intake wearing down....anyone know about this???

hey look mp3#197 and post #197.....hehe

the only thing I have heard of anyone doing is getting a piece of foam rubber and making a "BUMPER" to attach to the intake and rest against the mastercylinder....tyrap it in place...that will keep a hole from being worn in the side of the pipe.

yeah i was thinkin that but how tha hell can u get a rubber piece to stay in one place....if u glue it or anythin the heat will make it loose contact.....no?????

I ended up taking mine off and completely re aligning it. Took about 15 minutes and it hasn't tapped since.:)

If you decide to use a rubber bumper, IF the knock comes back you can use high temp RTV it a high temperature silcone sealant they sell it at any auto parts store. you can find a piece of rubber at any hardware store. or use a piece of a large diameter radiator hose. thanks for posting your problem my intake is on the way. I will pay attention to this detail during my install.

Good Luck!

THANKS GUYS ...hey listen all you guys with the C.F intake or any early model intake from MHP, u need to call them up...i was speaking with craig from MHp yesterday i was tryin to get another intake pipe to be on the safe side...he stated that they have no more C.F intakes because the C.F provider was put out of business...but they are lookin for another provider who will make them and bend the pipe a lil sharper to prevent this from happening again..he said everyone who bought an intake from him will get a new pipe and will be contacted when they get another provider...but hey i say everyone call them up and get arush on it....WHO IS WIT ME!?!?!?!?!......lets get on there ass.....i made my call already....WHO IS NEXT??????

hell yeah! but i hate those guys they are dicks!! i have already had two intakes from them they both knock. i had the first one they did it was made of aluminum. then i got the black chrome. i like the look but paid out the butt for it in the end. i paid 279 for the first and 85 to upgrade the damn thing. thats expensive for an intake. i say we start a list of people and there adresses and contact numbers and send it to them so they can get back to us when they figure this out i am excited though maybe it will be better. who knows, but lets get on them guys what do you say lets make a list.

1)Nick Celiz
Highland Village, TX
972-317-0401

just use a small piece of dynamat it will insulate the rubing an dstop any tapping

Use the RTV Silicon to hold the little rubber stip in place. That works fine until the rubber strip wears out.

Back