Anyone try the New Bridgestone Weatherpeak Tires?

:
2018 CX5
So these were released this spring (2022) and have good testing results in every day driving over at Tire Rack. But few if any customer reviews. Great price at Costco of ~$232 with $150 off. Tires have gotten so expensive looking for the best bang for the buck.

Anyone have these on their CX5?

Guess I am one of the first to try these. Installed at Costco today. 70K mile warrantee. $150 off. The drive is great now....all the road noise from the OEM Toyos is gone. Very quiet like the day we bought our CX5. Handling is responsive...just right. But the big thing as mentioned is the quiet ride....those Toyos were driving us crazy over the last 1000 miles! (they had 32K miles on them)

I'm also going to get the Weatherpeaks installed soon to replace the Toyos that I didn't even get 30k miles out of!

You still happy with them?

I have these tires for 5 months 5000+ miles. Also purchased from costco.
They are very quiet and more on the softer side. I like how comfortable they are. I had a set of nokian entyre c/s prior and oem toyo before then.
I love them.absolutely recommend them.

Hey everyone, I’ve owned these tires from almost 5k miles. Had bought these at Costco. Honestly love them. My only complaint is I think I have tire rub. I feel the vibration and noise when there is 2 or more adults in the car. My tire is 225/65/17

Hey everyone, I’ve owned these tires from almost 5k miles. Had bought these at Costco. Honestly love them. My only complaint is I think I have tire rub. I feel the vibration and noise when there is 2 or more adults in the car. My tire is 225/65/17
No way you can have tire rub with stock size. Unless you have spacers on ??

Different things could cause vibration..
Did you have an alignment?
Perhaps they didnt balance them correctly?
Or a rarity is deformities/ bubbles in tires...
If the vehciles older, could be wheels bearings or other steering/suspension components..

You should take back and have them rebalance and maybe get alignment while your at it.

If that doesnt work and your sure there were no vibrations before the tires then you may have defective tires.

No way you can have tire rub with stock size. Unless you have spacers on ??

Different things could cause vibration..
Did you have an alignment?
Perhaps they didnt balance them correctly?
Or a rarity is deformities/ bubbles in tires...
If the vehciles older, could be wheels bearings or other steering/suspension components..

You should take back and have them rebalance and maybe get alignment while your at it.

If that doesnt work and your sure there were no vibrations before the tires then you may have defective tires.
Does Costco do an alignment when they put on my new tires? . It’s weird cause the vibration and sound only happens as the car gets more and more heavy with passengers. I thought it would have been tire rub, but maybe it is something else then? I have done a brake and rotor replacement around the same as my new tires . I

Does Costco do an alignment when they put on my new tires? . It’s weird cause the vibration and sound only happens as the car gets more and more heavy with passengers. I thought it would have been tire rub, but maybe it is something else then? I have done a brake and rotor replacement around the same as my new tires . I
Some other things to check:
Go out and check the lugnuts before you drive any further. Make sure they are not loose. Is it possible something got wedged in between the calipers, pads, etc.?
Check the torque on the lugs. Loose will cause vibration cause wheels gonna fall off. But too tight can cause vibration cause wheels pushing rotors in possibly uneven.

It still may just need re-balanced and then maybe get an alignment done.

Walmart has a current pretty good deal on some Hankook's $129 a tire with a UTQG of 860.
The price on these tires seems to float around quite a bit at Wally World from $124 all the way up to about $151 a tire.

Costco doesn't do alignments. If it's been a long time since it's been aligned and you (somewhat) recently got new tires, then an alignment is recommended.

Tire could be out of round. There have been some comments about tires being out of round and causing vibration on this Firestone website.

https://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/tires/brands/bridgestone/weatherpeak/

My first thought as well is a bad balancing job. I recently took my winters(on rims) in to COSTCO to be installed. I then noticed a vibration which had to be coming from the rear wheel(s) as there was no vibration in the steering wheel. I took my vehicle back to COSTCO and they rebalanced all 4 wheels and now the vibration is completely gone!! I'd suggest to immediately get a 4 wheel rebalance before considering an alignment, plus any possible loose lug nut(s) would then be attended to anyways.

Had the opportunity last week to to drive my new Weatherpeaks up in the snow - VERY impressed with their performance, night and day vs. the OEM Toyos!

Hey guys, I just got Bridgestone Weatherpeak for CX-5. Got them from Costco. I did rebalancing after I started hearing vibrations and thumping sound but it still persists. I particularly get hear on smooth highways. Not sure what to do now. When I take the car out after not driving for a day or two, It starts making thumping noise and then slowly fades away.

Hey guys, I just got Bridgestone Weatherpeak for CX-5. Got them from Costco. I did rebalancing after I started hearing vibrations and thumping sound but it still persists. I particularly get hear on smooth highways. Not sure what to do now. When I take the car out after not driving for a day or two, It starts making thumping noise and then slowly fades away.
Have you checked your tire pressure with an accurate gauge?

Just a follow up. Rode on the Weatherpeak since my original post for 1.5 years and ~10K miles. They remained quiet and handled well.

Unfortunately we just traded our 2018 CX5 for a 2024 CX5 Turbo and they come with those Toyo tires. Ug. Even new, they do not ride as well as the Weatherpeaks...not as smooth and have more tire noise than the weatherpeaks.

Yes. I believe they did at Costco.
Pressure must be checked at ambient outdoor temperature after vehicle has not been driven for a few hours. Costco like most garages probably use air at shop temperature +/- 68F. Your problem is called flat spotting and occurs primarily during cold weather with underinflated tires. If pressure is within specs as shown on the driver's door jamb and owner's manual and the problem persists, you can safely add 3-5 PSI and see if that helps. Good luck and let us know the outcome ;)

On a side note, my Yokohama Geolandar G91A also flat spot in the Fall just before I install my Winter tires. I don't bother adding air until I reinstall them in the Spring!

Back