Anyone think this might cure the ipod/usb/bluetooth/navigation issues?

It's a Swedish company and I can't view the price. Is this even available in the US? The specifications look great!

I'm pretty sure this unit has been mentioned before, I couldn't find the thread.

Bluepower is Swedish company that designs vehicle specific head units. The units mate up with steering wheel and rear view camera controls without needing any adapters, at least for the Euro vehicles. The radios are available with either North American or Euro radio bands. The U.S. price should be about $540, depending on Euro - U.S. currency valuations.

I think Roadrover manufactures the units for Bluepower. I don't know if the Roadrover units are the same, or Roadrover cuts corners on their own brand. Also, I don't know that you could order a single unit from Roadrover. (I think Roadrover is looking for distributor customers, not single retail customers.)

You should be able to order the North American radio band unit directly from Bluepower. Because satellite radio is a U.S. only item, it is not available on any Bluepower head unit. Also, I don't know if the steering wheel controls and rear view camera hook up directly to the Bluepower. The nav should work fine; just load whatever compatible system you want to use through the SD card slot.

If you're willing to give up Sirius, this looks like it could solve all the existing head unit problems and theoretically hooks up to everything just like the stock head unit.

If you're looking at a system with less software support for the future, then you're looking at an even worse option.

If you're looking at a system with less software support for the future, then you're looking at an even worse option.

When was the last time Mazda released a software update for the CX-5 unit? If they had, this thread probably would not even exist. I'd rather have a good system with no updates than a bad system with no updates.

It was released less than a week ago. Major security lock up fix that we have all been waiting for. Not to mention consistent (almost daily) map updates.

New CX-5 owner here..bought mine 2 weeks ago. Have been browsing forums for a few days looking for answers to the missing Bluetooth/Pandora options issue. Any chance the software update might fix this? I need to grab my manual and figure out how to do the update anyway. Thanks for the info!

It was released less than a week ago. Major security lock up fix that we have all been waiting for. Not to mention consistent (almost daily) map updates.

Good to hear SayNoToPistons. Sadly, this does not apply to me since I don't have the Nav (and would never buy an integrated unit for my car). What about the ipod/usb/bluetooth issues? I have a feeling these might never be adressed, so for me the units suggested above would definitly be a big step up.

Last edited:
What are you talking about ??? Are you sure it was a Mazda update and not just a new TomTom update ???

Because if it was a Mazda update nobody here knows anything about it… : https://www.change.org/petitions/ma...update-head-unit-software-for-the-2014-mazda6

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...V-safety-lock-with-voice-commands-to-be-fixed

Granted the 2013-2014 is an absolute turd. I can guarantee you that it is leaps and bounds better than any unknown brand head unit (such as the one posted by OP). You want a navigation system that is (near) future proof? Wait for the 2015 Aha unit, portable navi, or use your phone.

This is exactly what I said, this is still a TomTom update that fixes almost nothing
And what about Bluetooth and USB Music Shuffling Issues, iPod Connection Load Time, Bluetooth Connection Time, SMS Download Problems and Speed, Music starts from Track 1 on USB (Flash Drive & iPod) on Car Start, etc… ???

You want a navigation system that is (near) future proof? Wait for the 2015 Aha unit, portable navi, or use your phone.
I think everyone wants a system that works, and we have already paid for it by buying our Mazda...

Back