Anyone remember the Mazda B2000 Pickup?

trimx2k

:
Mazda B2000
Well, first off, I'm a bit new here. Second, I've been a Mazda owner of older, used Mazda vehicles for a few years now. I've found that they're the most fun to work on.

The past few years I had a '91 MX-6 that was recently totalled due to a Honda driver. That really pissed me the %*#@ off because I had put a LOT of time, money, effort and work into keeping it running better.

My mother owns an '03 Tribute now, that's a fun drive although it eats gas like a mofo. I still wouldn't mind owning an RX-8 (I test drove one once... mmmm, 6-speed goodness!!) but it will likely be awhile before that happens.

Now I own an '86 B2000. It's a terrific truck and the heat works great! It's got a few issues that I'm trying to tackle. Recently picked up a Chiltons manual so that makes a good difference.. so here's the scoop:

A) Starter has sh!t the bed, got a new one, going to have that replaced REALLY soon!
B) Exhaust is leaking underneath the engine (needs a new seal/gasket and possibly a new pipe in that section).
C) The drivers side door does not have a working lock on it.
D) The tailgate is stuck in place unless a flathead screwdriver is used to open it.

Now, regarding issue C), the door itself lately became impossible to open, either from the inside and outside!! I tried disconnecting the inside handle screw that held it in place to try to re-angle the latch to get it to open all to no avail. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get this door open? Hitting it and a crowbar have not worked either.

Thanks in advance!! If you need anymore information just ask!
(doh)

I had a B2200 and my tailgate handle broke too. never had any troubles with the door.

Pull the door panel off and open the door from inside of the door by manually unlatching it at the mechanisms inside.

WOW I'm tired I hope this made sence.

Back