Anyone making an actual downpipe? Not a midpipe?

DistantTea

:
Mazdaspeed... of DOOM!
Just the section going from the turbo to the midpipe... nothing else. I know Corksport hasn't released theirs yet but is anyone else making one?

DistantTea said:
Just the section going from the turbo to the midpipe... nothing else. I know Corksport hasn't released theirs yet but is anyone else making one?
Hiboost has an Downpipe that connects to the S-Pipe and to the Mid Pipe.

jersey_emt said:
Supposedly Apex is, but I haven't heard any credible info
APEX is NOT making one..They made one and the gains were not worth it.This is absolutely correct info from the horses mouth.
Matt

ForceFed said:
APEX is NOT making one..They made one and the gains were not worth it.This is absolutely correct info from the horses mouth.
Matt
No offense, but I've heard conflicting information. I haven't seen Ben reply with a definite answer, so until I hear from him I'm not believing anybody.

jersey_emt said:
No offense, but I've heard conflicting information. I haven't seen Ben reply with a definite answer, so until I hear from him I'm not believing anybody.
This is a definate answer,I talk to Ben all the time.Where do you think I got the info from?
Thank you
Matt

a good dp from the turbo would be awesome...im not sure y apex didnt get good gains but of all the s*** ion makes and over prices...their dp design is actulaly really good...a individual runner just for the waste gate is awesome for spool up and turbo response.......i hope cork sport does the same

Call them. :D Remember people, this was an issue and still continues to be. If you have questions, or concernes call the vendor directly. :D

"Are you planning to make a 3" s-pipe that would bolt up to your 3" downpipe? If so I'll definitely be getting your 3" downpipe as soon as I get the funds. Oh yeah, and if you're making this part do you know when it might come out? Thank you very much!

~brian" (Cut out some stuff that wasn't important)

Ben's reply:

Brian, our "s " pipe will be the same as the factory cast piece. All we are doing is enlarge internal of the factory piece to make more flow. about 30-40% more flow. it will bolt up to all our DPs because it will not change the outer design.
Ben

DistantTea said:
This is our downpipe. We are working on a complete setup with cast s pipe, cast downpipe and the midpipe, both cated and catless.

Attachments

• Mazdaspeed Downpipe 2.5 ID.jpg
    Mazdaspeed Downpipe 2.5 ID.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 240
  • Mazdaspeed Downpipe 003.jpg
    Mazdaspeed Downpipe 003.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 128
  • Mazdaspeed Downpipe 004a.jpg
    Mazdaspeed Downpipe 004a.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Mazdaspeed Downpipe 005a.jpg
    Mazdaspeed Downpipe 005a.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 129
Yeah a few companies making them is a great thing to see. Im still waiting to buy my dp, catback, s pipe so Ill wait to see the products then buy the one I like all the way throught :).

Goodluck vendors

Also I've never seen a price on one of these, what kinda estimates are we talking here? 100?

More Info. on the HiBoost downpipe

My Questions to HiBoost:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by srd555
Juan,
  1. What is the inside dia. of the downpipe?
  2. Is the output side (donut side ) designed to fit the stock midpipe or is it bigger for say a 2.5" mid?
  3. Is the downpipe coated with any hi temp paint or will it just rust like the stocker?
Thanks
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HiBoost's answer:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by HiBoost TS
The stock piece is 1.75 ID. Our is 2.5 with a slight reducer at the donut joint. It has a very thin donut to fit the stock midpipe and it is close to 2.5. It is 2.38 inches ID.
It is coated with high temp black paint.
Juan

My next Question:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by srd555

Juan, Is it possible to have one made without the reduction to 2.38" ?

How do I contact you to buy one?

thanks for your answer.

Answer:

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by HiBoost TS
We are working on a jig to machine it to make it 2.5. Since it is cast iron we need enough material to make thick enough for the casting process.

You can e-mail me at juan@hiboost.com to order. I can call you back to take the order over the phone.

Juan

I am just waiting for them to complete this jig so that I can get the downpipe. Then the only thing I need after that is for someone to make a cast iron S pipe with a 2.5" inside dia. and I will have a complete turbo back.

conekiller said:
"Are you planning to make a 3" s-pipe that would bolt up to your 3" downpipe? If so I'll definitely be getting your 3" downpipe as soon as I get the funds. Oh yeah, and if you're making this part do you know when it might come out? Thank you very much!

~brian" (Cut out some stuff that wasn't important)

Ben's reply:

Brian, our "s " pipe will be the same as the factory cast piece. All we are doing is enlarge internal of the factory piece to make more flow. about 30-40% more flow. it will bolt up to all our DPs because it will not change the outer design.
Ben
Well thats news to me and I just talked to Ben about a week ago too?This must be a new design he has come up with then?I dunno,I'm gonna call him and see what it up.
Matt

ForceFed said:
Well thats news to me and I just talked to Ben about a week ago too?This must be a new design he has come up with then?I dunno,I'm gonna call him and see what it up.
Matt
Dunno, this e-mail is from 4/24/04. He might have changed his mind again.

~brian

Back