Anyone Here Get Their 2.5T Tuned Yet?

Hey guys,
I am ordering the front kit , 380mm slotted floating , with street pads. I have been recommended to use sport pads to be on the safe side on not getting any fade. seems the customer service is great, I have sent several questions and they were answered precisely and fast . itll be a few weeks for them to arrive to peru and have them installed, any body knows if changing the front brakes will void the warranty of the car? or just the brakes?

Please keep us updated on how they fit and work once you get them. Very very curious and interested in this upgrade.

That said, some users here have stated that one of the 2nd gen CX-9's weak points is the brake performance (when pushing the CX-9 around canyons/mountains). PBbrakes.com is one option.

What do we know about PB Brakes? Are they a well established company with a good track record with brake products? Do they make brake systems for other cars? How long in business? How easy is to find spare parts in the USA?

I am all about trying new, cool technology in my car, but brakes is one area where i don't want to take a chance with some no-name manufacturer. (I am not saying PB is one of them, i just don't know them)
An unexpected brake caliper failure on a 4500 lbs SUV can be deadly. No joke.

What do we know about PB Brakes? Are they a well established company with a good track record with brake products? Do they make brake systems for other cars? How long in business? How easy is to find spare parts in the USA?

I am all about trying new, cool technology in my car, but brakes is one area where i don't want to take a chance with some no-name manufacturer. (I am not saying PB is one of them, i just don't know them)
An unexpected brake caliper failure on a 4500 lbs SUV can be deadly. No joke.

You can go to pbbrakes.com and have a look for yourself, I'm sure the info is on the website. I just provided the only option I could find. I'm not about to do an in-depth review analyzing a company and the BBKs they produce, with no intention of purchasing from them at the moment. I expect that anyone interested would do their own legwork and research the product thoroughly before committing to a purchase.

PBbrakes.com has also been mentioned in the CX-9 forum before.

You can go to pbbrakes.com and have a look for yourself, I'm sure the info is on the website. I just provided the only option I could find. I'm not about to do an in-depth review analyzing a company and the BBKs they produce, with no intention of purchasing from them at the moment. I expect that anyone interested would do their own legwork and research the product thoroughly before committing to a purchase.

PBbrakes.com has also been mentioned in the CX-9 forum before.

My questions were more general and not pointed at you, sm1ke. I was curious if anyone here has any previous dealings with this company.

I did do some quick research on PB and I got to tell you, based on feedback from other forums (Porsche, Audi, BMW).... the reviews are very good. These guys seem solid with good products and customer service. I am starting to feel better about them.

Bumping this thread to get some feedback!

Gatuno, did you ever purchase and install the front BBK from PBbrakes.com? How does the car feel now?

Also, is anyone running a stable tune on their 2016+ CX-9 yet?

Hopefully the 2.5 Liter turbo is adopted into the new Mazda3 at some point... if it is, then I think we'll be seeing the flood gates of tuners coming in.

Tuning companies usually ask themselves before they spend time and money, "is there a market for the product?" With the 2.5T in 2 SUV's and their "family sedan", tuning companies would easily hesitate to invest in a tune for 2.5T... however, the Mazda3 is key here... even though Mazda is trying to get away from the "boy racer" image it once had, that won't stop the fans of the mazda3 from trying.

Another thing is, try finding a decent tuning company, and how about all of us who are interested keep emailing/contacting them about releasing a tune for the Mazda 2.5 Turbo, at least get their attention to know that there's some willing customers out there. I've seen tides turn because customers expressed an overwhelming interest in something that the companies did not consider.

And yes I agree, the 2.5T could use a nice tune, a well done tune that enhances the performance across the board on the power band(especially on the top end of the range to make it more linear) while maintaining MPG's, increasing refinement, etc...while not compromising reliability, it can be done, look at APR's work from the past. The CX-9 as well as any current Mazda vehicle using the 2.5 Turbo could greatly benefit from more power, the CX-9's 0-60 time is average at best, while the rest of the vehicle feels rather premium, it could use extra power to match the package, knock it down a full second (0-60mph in the low 6's) and we'll get the car we all wanted but didn't have.

Hopefully the 2.5 Liter turbo is adopted into the new Mazda3 at some point... if it is, then I think we'll be seeing the flood gates of tuners coming in.

Tuning companies usually ask themselves before they spend time and money, "is there a market for the product?" With the 2.5T in 2 SUV's and their "family sedan", tuning companies would easily hesitate to invest in a tune for 2.5T... however, the Mazda3 is key here... even though Mazda is trying to get away from the "boy racer" image it once had, that won't stop the fans of the mazda3 from trying.

Another thing is, try finding a decent tuning company, and how about all of us who are interested keep emailing/contacting them about releasing a tune for the Mazda 2.5 Turbo, at least get their attention to know that there's some willing customers out there. I've seen tides turn because customers expressed an overwhelming interest in something that the companies did not consider.

And yes I agree, the 2.5T could use a nice tune, a well done tune that enhances the performance across the board on the power band(especially on the top end of the range to make it more linear) while maintaining MPG's, increasing refinement, etc...while not compromising reliability, it can be done, look at APR's work from the past. The CX-9 as well as any current Mazda vehicle using the 2.5 Turbo could greatly benefit from more power, the CX-9's 0-60 time is average at best, while the rest of the vehicle feels rather premium, it could use extra power to match the package, knock it down a full second (0-60mph in the low 6's) and we'll get the car we all wanted but didn't have.

To add with the engine tune is an AWD that kicks in during hard acceleration to reduce that torque steer and extend the life of the front drive train.

Currently the only tuners available (as far as I know) are Orange Virus (all Mazda tunes handled remotely by OV Philippines) and DRTuned (also remote tuning) in Canada.

I would love to have a CX-9 that could run a 6.0 second 0-60. That's all I'd really need for performance, anything more than that is just icing on the cake.

Well we are getting closer to a tune for the 2.5T. I talked to Daniel with DR Tuning and he has been working with Cork Sport and may be ready with something before the end of the year or very early next year. He asked me if i wanted to work with him before he put it on his web site for sale. Of course I said yes. I haven't talked to anyone from Cork Sport but the real power will come when a better turbo inlet pipe is made. Very excited that things are getting closer.

Well we are getting closer to a tune for the 2.5T. I talked to Daniel with DR Tuning and he has been working with Cork Sport and may be ready with something before the end of the year or very early next year. He asked me if i wanted to work with him before he put it on his web site for sale. Of course I said yes. I haven't talked to anyone from Cork Sport but the real power will come when a better turbo inlet pipe is made. Very excited that things are getting closer.

Exciting news! I'd love to see the numbers a CX-9 with all of CorkSport's bolt-ons can put down with a tune. Please keep us posted. That's a great opportunity you have, being able to work with the tuner to iron everything out. I know I'd be jumping at the chance as well, haha.

Still work in progress. I talked to Daniel at DR Tuning at the end of December and he said they are getting closer. He is also working with Cork Sport. When they have a product that will be ready for the public I had the offer to be the first to test it. If I have't heard from Daniel by March I will give him a call for an update. Stay tuned in!!!

Anxiously waiting! Would love a little more top end power, if its even possible to do with a tune.
Obviously, Mazda themselves have come up with some more power, 10 ftlbs of torque on the 2020s, up to 320 now. At least a tuner should be able to duplicate that, if its even worth it. So there is room to work. Only discouraging thing is the HP was not affected. Thinking that any amount of tuning is not going to be able to bump it much, might be a limitation in the design to gain the bottom end torque (associated with the turbo inlet design).

When I was trying to find someone that could tune the 2.5T years ago for my 2016 the only one that was doing anything at the time was Orange Virus. Matt had gotten results out of a stock motor with 310hp and 390 foot pounds of torque. Unfortunately he put it on the back burner then decided to tune only Toyota trucks. I have been talking to Daniel at DR tuning for a year. When I talked to him in December he said he is getting close and is working with Cork Sport. He would't tell me if Cork Sport was going to make a turbo inlet pipe But I would bet the farm that they are if they haven't done so already. It is useless to sell that pipe at this time until a solid tune is in place. I will be calling Daniel at the end of the month to see how he is doing and if he has something I can test. So stay tuned and in a few weeks I will post again. YES we need more top end!!!

I’m interested as well. I’m done with exterior changes. Would like to get more out of my Cx5 turbo. I know how these car companies go conservative on their maps. My Speed6 felt so much stronger with a tune from Cobb

When I was trying to find someone that could tune the 2.5T years ago for my 2016 the only one that was doing anything at the time was Orange Virus. Matt had gotten results out of a stock motor with 310hp and 390 foot pounds of torque. Unfortunately he put it on the back burner then decided to tune only Toyota trucks. I have been talking to Daniel at DR tuning for a year. When I talked to him in December he said he is getting close and is working with Cork Sport. He would't tell me if Cork Sport was going to make a turbo inlet pipe But I would bet the farm that they are if they haven't done so already. It is useless to sell that pipe at this time until a solid tune is in place. I will be calling Daniel at the end of the month to see how he is doing and if he has something I can test. So stay tuned and in a few weeks I will post again. YES we need more top end!!!

I’m interested as well. I’m done with exterior changes. Would like to get more out of my Cx5 turbo. I know how these car companies go conservative on their maps. My Speed6 felt so much stronger with a tune from Cobb

Definitely interested as well. It's not so much that I need extra power.. I just want it :devilish: Dads gotta have fun too! Lol. 310 hp and 390 torque sounds like a lot of fun. I can only imagine what DR Tuned could squeeze out of this engine with CorkSport's bolt-on mods.

It's also great to hear that a tuning company is working directly with a company like CorkSport, who's been one of the only companies willing to R&D aftermarket mods.

I'm interested in all this!
MORE BOOST!
And maybe spray some meth in her while were at it. It all sounds like a good idea to me. Pump up some line pressure on the trans and let her eat!

I haven’t paid much attention, but what other after market companies have Mazda’s tunes for the 2.5T? Wish companies like Cobb or Corky Bell’s Bell Tuning would invest.

Back