Anyone heard is Mazda has come up with anything on smoking turbos?

This is true, and I still have the Mazda Filter on it :)

Ya by all means I will have to follow what they want to try, but I will be pressing them to change the Turbo, understanding its expensive for them and the last thing they want to do heh.

Having dealt with this issue as well, I have had the resolution I wanted - turbo replacement. Since the issue is intermittent, it is sometimes difficult to get the service center to replicate the problem. However, do not give up and try to figure out when it happens most. In my case, it was when I was warming up the car in the morning after sitting for overnight. Also it is important that you keep good records with your oil changes, I did not use the dealer so keeping good records is key.

Since the new unit was put in, the smoking turbo is just a memory and it seems to be a bit more responsive too. Good luck

Dealer agreed to replace the turbo on my 07 CX-7 this morning. They changed the oil to 5W-40 and it still smoked, they needed to send pics of it smoking as well as under the valve covers to the Mazda HQ before authorizing. Turbo is on order now should be fixed in a week or so.

Good advise, keep records! This is an expensive repair and they will look for any reason to void your warranty. They asked point blank for my oil change records.

After driving over an hr to eat, the cx-7 sat for about another hr, I got in cranked it up and let it sit for about 3-5 minutes to get my baby in her seat. I pulled out on the main road and all of a sudden a lot of white smoke comes out of the pipes, enough to where it fills up the back glass. I'm assuming I have the same problem, broken seal? This is the first time this has happened. I just assumed I didnt let it sit long enough before I shut it down, letting the oil cook. First turbo, so still trying to figure things out. What do you guys think?

Got my turbo replaced, the oil is back to 5-30, drove in different conditions, no smoke so far.

is there a particular year range affected? of all of turbo cx7's? is "the test" just letting the car idle for about 10 minutes?

is there a particular year range affected? of all of turbo cx7's? is "the test" just letting the car idle for about 10 minutes?

Can anyone answer this?

I just picked up an 08' CX-7 with 53k miles that I completely love, but if I'm in for a picnic....I'd like to know in advance.

Primarily the 2007 models but also the early 2008 models that have a 2007 build date. Mine is an early 2008 model and my was replaced at 25k.

Primarily the 2007 models but also the early 2008 models that have a 2007 build date. Mine is an early 2008 model and my was replaced at 25k.

Mine is an 08', with a late 2007 build date and 53k miles.
I'm assuming that if there were an issue, the original (and only) owner would have encountered it and had the situation taken care of by now.....no?

Just looking for a bit of peace of mind.

Thanks for the response.

Back