Anyone found a cure yet for the "CX-5 weeping drainplug syndrome"?

That sealer, it's easily removable after a couple of thousands of miles? It won't be hardened and hard to remove?

That sealer, it's easily removable after a couple of thousands of miles? It won't be hardened and hard to remove?
This is Permatex we're talking about here. It's not like they're new to the sealant game and the product is specifically made for this purpose. Have a little faith fella'!

I'm on my 4th oil change now with no leaks using the dealer supplied washer/gasket. When I install the gasket, I have a habit of putting the "coined" (side with sharp edges) side facing the plug, smooth side against the oil pan. Then torque the plug @ 27 foot pounds. Don't know if this would make a difference, just offering my 2 cents.

And that's the same experience I had on my Miata. 110k miles of reuse and it never leaked, but the washer itself was about twice as thick as the CX-5 washer. Keep an eye on your newly installed washer. I thought mine was sealing properly after my last oil change, but after 2500 miles I checked it and it was leaking again! Next time I will use the Permatex plug sealer for sure.

Thanks for the input. I'll be keeping an eye out. So far, so good. Have maybe 500 miles on the oil so far and I don't see any more seepage. Hope it lasts. :D

Back