Anybody got info. about the Begi Turbo Kit?...

BoostedMP3

:
#4 Laser Blue Mica MP3
my car has the begi turbo kit set at 5 lbs. Garrett t03 turbo, liquid, oil, and air cooled. Very small intercooler though, would have went with a big front mount one if it was my choice. Anybody here of anything about it being better if the mass air is before or after the turbo? Mine sucks the air from a filter in the engine bay and goes right through the turbo. the turbo on mine is right in the front on the top near the radiator support. i haven't really seen anybody or heard anybody wiuth this kit on hear and maybe if anyone knows something about it they can help me out on info. All i know is that it is safe to run up to 7lbs. with this kit. And the engine internals can only take a max of 10lbs.

BoostedMP3 said:
my car has the begi turbo kit set at 5 lbs. Garrett t03 turbo, liquid, oil, and air cooled. Very small intercooler though, would have went with a big front mount one if it was my choice. Anybody here of anything about it being better if the mass air is before or after the turbo? Mine sucks the air from a filter in the engine bay and goes right through the turbo. the turbo on mine is right in the front on the top near the radiator support. i haven't really seen anybody or heard anybody wiuth this kit on hear and maybe if anyone knows something about it they can help me out on info. All i know is that it is safe to run up to 7lbs. with this kit. And the engine internals can only take a max of 10lbs.

i have the begi kit as well, one of the first. the engine will not handle 10psi on stock rods, certainly not with that sized turbo or the fuel pressure regulator - having blown my engine i can safely say that :D. the size of the intercooler was actually not a factor as much as people think. it is efficient in its design up to 20 psi according to the design notes from begi. the way the kit is setup, sucking through the MAF, is fine. the FPR adds fuel based on manifold pressure not on mass air flow.

i can tell you anything you need/want to know about the kit.

sweet man, umm... i actually don't know much about the turbo or the kit since i recently bought my mp3 with it on already. So any info. you know about it i would love. Also, i recently started smelling oil from the vents everytime i came to a stop. then when i started moving it would go away. Smelt like burnt oil. i don't see it out the exhaust so maybe its a loose line somewhere. Also, what kind of turbo exactly does the kit come with? Garrett TO3? i know it's big. and how many pounds can i bump it to. Right now both cats are on cause i had to put the front one back on for inspection and the boost dropped alot. this week i'm gettin both takin out and putting back the test pipe and downpipe and putin in those spark plug antifoulers so the check engine light won't come on.

BoostedMP3 said:
sweet man, umm... i actually don't know much about the turbo or the kit since i recently bought my mp3 with it on already. So any info. you know about it i would love. Also, i recently started smelling oil from the vents everytime i came to a stop. then when i started moving it would go away. Smelt like burnt oil. i don't see it out the exhaust so maybe its a loose line somewhere. Also, what kind of turbo exactly does the kit come with? Garrett TO3? i know it's big. and how many pounds can i bump it to. Right now both cats are on cause i had to put the front one back on for inspection and the boost dropped alot. this week i'm gettin both takin out and putting back the test pipe and downpipe and putin in those spark plug antifoulers so the check engine light won't come on.

get a cat less midpipe from mental addiction motorsports and good catback exhaust to go with the begi downpipe. if you are using the fuel pressure regulator and 93 octane gas i would not go past 8 psi. stock rods are garbage. check the lines on the turbo for oil leaks. the turbo is either a Garrett or Turbonetics T3 depending on the date the kit shipped. you also have the mp3 ecu which might cause some knock or ping because of the advanced ignition timing so be careful. if you want a big front mount IC begi will make one for you on request.

i know the turbo is a garrett but just not sure what one. The exhaust setup i have is a full 3' custom exhaust with an apexi muffler at the end. its really nice and deep sounding with the cat off. all i have to do is make an appointment with my mechanic and put back on my downpipe and 3' test pipe and i'll be catless. anything else i should know about turbos or the begi kit in general?

what type of fuel management do you have?? normally i would say that the stock internals could handle 12 psi but after 6 mths i am having some serious issues..... so ya keep the boost low.......
rob

BoostedMP3 said:

i have the same smell, but i dont havve a turbo i just have all stock parts except the intake. I would smell somethin burnin after i get close to 6.5k rpm i shift it at 6 dont no where its comin through the vents or windows, but i smell it evertime i shift hard

ya i had that smell also, now i have clouds of smoke from time to time.........

no way man, i baby my MP3 alot. I drive it shifting at 2700rpm daily. Except when i see a nice helping of honda rice of course. Even then i only get it up to 4-5000rpm. I'm took scared of breakin somethin'. All i know is that once i get the cats takin out, i'm bumpin up to 7lbs.

Another BEGI owner. Welcome. The 1st thing I want to say is don't run 10 PSI on the FMU setup! You won't last! I just now got brave enough to run 10 PSI due to the fact that I have the Haltech E6X doing my engine management, and it is tuned. I also have forged pistons and rods... I have been runnning this boost level for about a week in cooler (below 60 F) temps, and now yesterday it was above 80 F, and I got some ping. This is on 93 octane gas. I think it is time for the front mount. While the IC may be very efficient at moving air, most of it is behind the bumper! That is my concern.

what turbo u have with your kit? Garrett T3? cause that's what i have. Also, i have the Turbo XS BOV, ACT Clutch, Indigo Flywheel, a Short Throw shifter. Here is a pic. of the turbo setup. Looks nice and neat right?

Attachments

• 7a_1_b[1].jpg
    7a_1_b[1].jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 242
That's not a BEGi.. :rolleyes: A great kit nonetheless that I have seen installed in person..... it's ok to love your performance mods, but damn, you advertise whenever you get the chance. (rlaugh) You ARE the right guy for the job.... (poke)

Last edited:
Back