any solution?

anybody found a solution for the clicking noise on the drivers side it only makes the sound when accelerating, kinda sounds like metal clinking around. i remember seeing a couple of people having the same issue anyone found a solution??

check your intake, vaccum lines, and acorns stuffed under the hood by the squirls, I could see them from my window, they got married. I believe you have my stapler...

the cars been put on jackstands and accerated and the noise goes away, it seems to only happen with the downforce of the car. accelerate hear the noise, let go it disappears. sounds more like little pieces of metal flying around.

Almost sounds like a clattering sound under slight throttle? I may be experiencing the same or similar thing. Its driving me crazy cause I can't pinpoint where its coming from.

check to make sure all the bolts on the shocks and springs area are tight, When I installed my S-Techs, there was 1 bolt on my driverside front wheel that was loose and made a clunking sound so I took my wheel off and rechecked all my bolts to find the 1 rod that was perpendicular from the ground was loose so just go around and check all the bolts.

matty sent me a pm with this... thanks by the way... i was thinking it was some kind of mount or something.. anyone have a pic of were this is located says by motor mount#2??

Matty Mooling said:
CLICK/POP TYPE NOISE FROM ENGINE DYNAMIC DAMPER
Applicable Models
Model Starting S/N Ending S/N
2001 PROTEGE 00000000 ZZZZZZZZ
2002 PROTEGE 00000000 ZZZZZZZZ
2003 PROTEGE 00000000 ZZZZZZZZ

Customer may experience an intermittent popping type noise from the front of vehicle when accelerating. Condition may be coming from engine dynamic damper mounted between the #2 engine mount bracket and cross member. 1. Verify customer concern. 2. Disconect dynamic damper link from the #2 mount bracket. 3. If noise was from the dynamic damper replace. Part Number B28V-39-990

I took mine into the dealership for it, They ordered me a front motor mount, mine was torn, and I had taken out the DIY filled motor mount stuff I used before I went in. They seemed to think that was the issue.
- TO me, it sounds like its comming from the valve area, The fuel injectors make a somewhat similar sound, but this sound doesnt come from them. I got a call today saying the part had come in SO hopefully I will be able to get it into the dealer early next week.

I have the same sound but I thought it was from the valvetrain. Maybe something to do with the cold start problems we have.

Mines there 247, no matter hot\cold, 87-89-91 octane....
-I dont recall mine doing it til I got in an accident, and oil was leaking badly from a broken hose on the pass side of the engine bay at the front.
-I had the stock hood before, now I have a cf with reverse cowl
-My friends makes a similar sound, but with his hood down, you cant hear it unless you ReAlly try to.

Maybe I am just hearing it more because the CF isnt as dense and has the vent... but I dont recall ever hearing it when I rev'd it with the hood up either. Oh well the dealer didnt seem to think it was anything that would hurt the car, they assured me it would be fine. IF my engine does decide to blow it better be in the next 10k or I am really screwd.

i know on my car. sometimes i get a clicking noise but its from a relay of some sort under my hood its attached to the stock intake hose i started getting it after i replaced it withan aftermarket short ram. i think it makes noise when you mount it on a surface that vibrates or moves around IE. if you mount it onto a hose. i screwed it onto the shortram tubbing and it stopped . sometime i still hear it but not as much as b4. i also noticed it only makes the noise if the ac is on so maybe it a relay for the ac.. im really not sure what the relay is so dont take my word for it.

overdrivex said:
i know on my car. sometimes i get a clicking noise but its from a relay of some sort under my hood its attached to the stock intake hose i started getting it after i replaced it withan aftermarket short ram. i think it makes noise when you mount it on a surface that vibrates or moves around IE. if you mount it onto a hose. i screwed it onto the shortram tubbing and it stopped . sometime i still hear it but not as much as b4. i also noticed it only makes the noise if the ac is on so maybe it a relay for the ac.. im really not sure what the relay is so dont take my word for it.

Awesome info! that noise has been driving me insane for the past few days. I zip tied it to my stb, but I guess that didn't help. I'm going to try and remount it on my sri.

Back