Any list of parts shared between CX-5 (KF) and CX-9 TC?

:
ACT, Australia
:
2016 CX9 Azami
I was just looking at aftermarket brake kits for the CX-9 (2016+) and one set of compatible brakes I found also said: "this product also fits: CX5 (KF) 2.5L TC, Mazda 6 2.5L TC…" etc. Which got me wondering – since the KF CX-5 (with the 2.5L TC engine) and the CX-9 share the same platform, is there a list of shared parts anywhere? It could potentially help with finding aftermarket upgrades. Also, apologies if this has been asked before (I couldn't find a related topic on the search).

Last edited:
I'm not sure if such a list exists either. I did a quick search and didn't find much.

Steering wheel (not confirmed):

Suspension (springs, not confirmed):

This is what I have confirmed is compatible between 2nd gen CX-5 and 2nd gen CX-9.

OEM:
Side mirror turn signals
Side mirror caps
Side mirror glass
Rear turn signal bulbs
Engine air filter (turbo CX-5 only)
Oil filter (turbo CX-5 only)
Some brake components (turbo CX-5 only, need clarification on which parts)

Aftermarket:
Corksport air intake (fits turbo CX-5, turbo Mazda6, and 2016+ CX-9)

Awesome info. The suspension is an interesting point. And yeah, edited my original post to clarify: It seems that the 2.5L TC-powered CX5's share a number of components with the CX9. I'm under the assumption that aftermarket brake kits for the AWD 2.5L TC CX5 would also work for the CX9.

Awesome info. The suspension is an interesting point. And yeah, edited my original post to clarify: It seems that the 2.5L TC-powered CX5's share a number of components with the CX9. I'm under the assumption that aftermarket brake kits for the AWD 2.5L TC CX5 would also work for the CX9.

I would think so as well, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried/confirmed yet.

Back