Any installers out there?

vampyrate

#SaveTheManuals
:
2019 Mazda 3 6spd
I need to locate two wires for a Remote Start/Alarm setup that I plan on doing tomorrow, the Clutch wire (to trick the car into thinking the clutch is engaged to start the car) and a hood pin wire. So far for the past 24 hours I have seen hood pin listed in wiring lists, but no wire color associated with it (seemingly none existent) and nothing for the clutch. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the people at Zenesis couldn't locate it either when I called to confirm all the needed components that I would have to hook up for the car:

2003 MP5 5spd

So far this is all that I can locate from the12volt.com:

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - MAZDA / PROTEGE5 / 2002 / Remote Start

[PRINT THIS PAGE]

12volts black/white, black + ignition harness
Starter black/blue + ignition harness
Second Starter
Ignition blue + ignition harness
Second Ignition black/red + ignition harness
Third Ignition
Accessory black/white + ignition harness
Second Accessory
Keysense
Power Lock lt green/red - module high in driver kick
Notes: This is a one wire system, must use relays. Lock requires negative trigger through a 1.5K resistor, Unlock requires a negative trigger to the same wire.
Power Unlock same wire
Lock Motor red door lock relays
Notes: The door lock relays are located to the drivers side of the brake pedal.
Unlock Motor blue door lock relays
Notes: The door lock relays are located to the drivers side of the brake pedal.
Parking Lights+ lt green/black drivers kick panel
Parking Lights- brown headlight switch
Hazards
Turn Signal(L)
Turn Signal(R)
Reverse Light
Door Trigger black/blue - drivers kick panel
Dome Supervision use door trigger
Trunk/Hatch Pin red/green - at light in trunk
Hood Pin
Trunk/Hatch Release
Power Sliding Door
Factory Alarm Arm
Factory Alarm Disarm
Disarm No Unlock
Tachometer purple/white diagnostic connector
Notes: The diagnostic connector is in driver side rear corner of the engine compartment. Can also find tach in pin 48 of the ECM.
Wait to start
Brake Wire green/yellow + brake switch
Parking Brake
Horn Trigger black/red - steering column
Memory Seat 1
Memory Seat 2
Memory Seat 3

Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
No Type:
N/A
Part #: N/A
Notes:
Interface Module: Category:
Door Lock Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Multiplex
Part #: 456LW
Notes:

the switch for the clutch is the one closest to you (furthest from firewall) on the clutch pedal assembly, the harness plugs directly into the switch.

and protege's don't have factory hood pin switches, since it's just a keyless entry system. you can pick up a simple hood pin switch kit and install it. some alarm systems will come with a pin switch or two for you to install.

thanks i got it all hooked up last night and got the initial chirp but then nothing so i think a fuse went

figured out the issue with everything, the system is good except for these few things:
zpass is unresponsive (have to call zenesis on monday about that)
door locks not actually locking so i think it has to do with the accuator (or unlocking for that matter)
the way that it was wired i think i have to clip the manual wire for the clutch bypass but again, not sure until i have my mecp friend look at it

and right now, i'm debating whether or not to install the shock sensor, but since im in a neighborhood full of kids i would have to keep it at set at low since i know they are like me when i was little (i would make my brother's alarm go off all the time since it talked to me)

Back