Any Complaints (hopefully all minor)

I mentioned this back in August, the weird pillars on the CX-5 are definitely much wider than many other (older) vehicles. These new safety regulations that the government enforces are making it more dangerous for day to day driving especially in urban settings.

Are you kidding?

So, the stronger roof pillars are more dangerous than the spindly little roof pillars from the '80's that weren't even engineered to keep the passenger cabin compartment intact in the event of a crash or roll over? I guess that would make a motorcycle more safe for urban driving because there is nothing to impede the riders vision?

It is the drivers job to insure the road is clear before pulling into traffic. If you can't perform this simple task with a modern roof pillar then you should be taking public transit, not endangering the motoring public.

Listen guy, I've been on the road a long long time without incident. Given I am an aggressive driver that is a feat on its own. You don't have to respond like a dick to everything I write. I'm just putting it out there as a minor annoyance that I see compared to other vehicles I've owned in the past, relax!!

Last edited:
Mass transit dicks not applicable, at least not on his thread.

I'm just putting it out there as a minor annoyance that I see compared to other vehicles I've owned in the past, relax!!

I am relaxed but I'm glad you have changed your tune. When you said the new government regulations were putting us into more danger I did not take that comment to be just a minor annoyance to you - it sounded like a serious criticism of the safety of modern vehicles and the part that governments played in the process. If these improvements actually put us into more danger I would be upset too. I'm not trying to act like a dick but I refuse to censor myself to appease the overly sensitive when falsehoods are being openly reported. Cars are more safe now than they have ever been before and are getting more safe all the time.

The recent 150 car pileup in Texas is but one recent example. While it's sad that two people lost their lives, this number would have been far higher if all the cars involved were designs from the previous century with spindly A-pillars. Eventually, all cars will likely have forward looking radar which will make this kind of pileup a thing of the past, in the meantime we can be glad that the passenger compartments of modern cars provide much better occupant protection than those of the recent past. And yes, this type of protection is just as useful in city traffic.

Back