Antenna Amplifier?

:
03 Mazdaspeed Protege
So my cars radio (aftermarket alpine) hasn't worked since I got the car, just the actual radio, not the unit. It will only pick up stations that are extremely strong, and even then, they usually come in noisy and go in and out. I was told by a guy at an audio shop that most cars with the antenna mounted in the back glass have an amplifier for the antenna, and that this could be my issue. Does anyone know if the MSP has one and where it would be located. I tried pulling the center trim and the glove box, but didnt see anything that looked like an amplifier.

you have to connect the blue with white strip wire to your solid blue wire on your wiring harness that plugs into your factory radio harness and then like magic you will get mores stations and did you use an antenna adapter to go from your factory to alpine i know some dont need it try that hope this helps.

you have to connect the blue with white strip wire to your solid blue wire on your wiring harness that plugs into your factory radio harness and then like magic you will get mores stations and did you use an antenna adapter to go from your factory to alpine i know some dont need it try that hope this helps.

i have a problem with getting radiostations. It just doesnt go in and out I just dont get anything but local stations.

I would like to know more about why you would hook those two wires together.

From what I understand, that would connect the the stock radio's antenna amplifier to the blue wire from the stereo (switched 12v for an amp) which would turn the antenna amplifier on when the stereo is on. But thanks for the info, i'll have to get back in there and see if that's hooked up or not.

Is it possible to hook an antenna amplifier to a car that doesn't have one? My Honda get
S bad reception just wondering if this could be a solution

Back