Another Speed 6 Owner here also

Samdiver74

:
Mazda Speed 6 GT, Black Mica
Another Speed 6 Owner here also, bought her yesterday, 03 04 06
GT (Non Nav) Black Mica. What can I say, thoroughly impressed, was contemplating getting an Evo but, this car is set up much nicer, hoping I won't be disappointed.

Welcome glad you came. Also very gald you did not buy the Evo Mitsubishi does nt have half the good rep. mazda does!! good luck happy driving

Welcome to the family. Hope you enjoy your new ride. I know I do!

R

Thanks for the warm welcome
Yeah I had wanted an Evo for so long, don't get me wrong I think the car is awesome, but I don't want the attention that comes with it, if you know what I mean, and I have also heard alot about the warranty issues on the Mitsu's, Subaru STI on the other hand is also a nice ride, but again everyone seems to have one, and I don't like the new front end but it does have the Cruise and Auto climate where as the Evo IX MR only comes in 4 colors, no Cruise, no auto climate unless you get the JDM/ UK version, The US version just seems watered down to much for what your paying, and at $36,000 that is still alot of money.

Anyway will post pics of the new girl soon.
oh is there anything which I need to watch out for?
thanks for the heads up

Samdiver74 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome
Yeah I had wanted an Evo for so long, don't get me wrong I think the car is awesome, but I don't want the attention that comes with it, if you know what I mean, and I have also heard alot about the warranty issues on the Mitsu's, Subaru STI on the other hand is also a nice ride, but again everyone seems to have one, and I don't like the new front end but it does have the Cruise and Auto climate where as the Evo IX MR only comes in 4 colors, no Cruise, no auto climate unless you get the JDM/ UK version, The US version just seems watered down to much for what your paying, and at $36,000 that is still alot of money.

Anyway will post pics of the new girl soon.
oh is there anything which I need to watch out for?
thanks for the heads up

The clutch takes a bit of getting used to, but eventually you get the hang of it. Don't cheap out on the gas...make sure you use at least 91 octane, preferably 93 if you can get it. If you drive through a lot of large puddles, standing water or slush, the keyless entry module might take a crap on you cause the antenna for this module is located directly under the rear bumper and the connectors get soaked if you are not careful. Easy fix under warranty, but nice to be avoided if possible.

Thats it for now.

R

Here she is!!!

My new baby! WooHoo!
Thanks rainman, for the headsup

Attachments

• speed6 1.jpg
    speed6 1.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Samdiver74 said:
Another Speed 6 Owner here also, bought her yesterday, 03 04 06
GT (Non Nav) Black Mica. What can I say, thoroughly impressed, was contemplating getting an Evo but, this car is set up much nicer, hoping I won't be disappointed.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome the family. I got mine on 12/31/05. GT in Titanium Grey with Navi and Moonroof. It was worth the wait becuase i had the deposit down for it since about late June of 2005. I absolutley love it. I know you wont be disappointed. You will see many EVOs riding down the street, but you will rarely see the MS6 which is a pretty cool thing. I have had mine for over 2 months and have not seen another one on the street, but i have seen tons of EVOs and STIs driving around.

I cant wait to see when they post the Production Number of all the cars at this site like they did with the MSPs and MSMs

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=contactCustomer

If anyone has a myspace account, i have a MAZDASPEED6 group. Feel free to join. http://groups.myspace.com/ms6

Back