Another dumb question... CAI car wash?

MS CAI never had a problem. The CP-E one gathers water. My car sputters on a few rompings post wash. Not a big deal. It's fine in 3-4 miles. It's from the under carriage wash. If I bay wash myself, it doesn't happen. We're under water restriction a lot of the summer. It's car wash or no wash.

How did you hydrolock your 350z??

I ended up finding that the filter wasnt tightened to the end of the pipe enough so it was wiggling loose. The intake was pretty lame/cheap and it had a weird curve right at the end of the pipe where the filter gets screwed onto and it wouldnt itighten enough.

But i noticed it when the car would hunt and jolt violently if ever getting over 3K rpm, so i made sure to drive it slower so it wouldn't suck in enough air.

Basically it was the filter not being on enough, so probably nothing to do with the fact it was a cold air being the issue, tho it was close to the ground AND it also didnt have the wheel well shroud to protect it either. I think ght ms cai is protected quite well tho by the sheild it comes with

Swampy, I noticed mine too sputtered for a minute after my last car wash, but I sprayed the hell out of the wheel well. I'm thinking of adding a pre-filter.

Hi, I'm previous post. You may remember me from such threads as "Swampass accessport" and more recently, "men's underwear".

So let me get this straight. You CANNOT use the water at your house, but you CAN use the water down the road at the local car-wash, which probably comes from the same source. Anyone else see a contradiction here!

p.s. What forum were you posting about men's underwear? LOL!

I think businesses that derive income from a water source are permitted to do so. (pools, car washes, laundromats)

I've never had a problem. The filter would need to be submeged to really suck anything up. Plus I have an Ingen Hydroshield on mine, but I got that mainly to keep the filter clean longer, rather than for its water repellent properties.

Latest posts

Back