Annoying bluetooth bug related to Android Auto

So I just got a 2021 CX-5 carbon turbo and have this annoying bug. After I connect my phone to Android Auto and disconnect it later on, it doesn't connect to Bluetooth to play music. The bluetooth setting for the phone changes to just Phone from Phone and Audio. It's getting annoying having to change this setting after every time I connect to Android Auto.

I’m having the same problem with my cx30. It’s getting so annoying and putting me off the car Even though it’s probably the fault of my Samsung galaxy s8 which is a couple of years old.
I read about clearing the cache from the android auto app and this worked for a bit but it’s playing up again and will either work with Bluetooth or cable but not both and I often have to go back into settings on the infotainment and change tback to calls and audio as the keeps disconnecting the audio part.. it’s really frustrating and getting me anxious on any journey I need google maps. The Mazda navigation is terrible .

I’m having the same problem with my cx30. It’s getting so annoying and putting me off the car Even though it’s probably the fault of my Samsung galaxy s8 which is a couple of years old.
I read about clearing the cache from the android auto app and this worked for a bit but it’s playing up again and will either work with Bluetooth or cable but not both and I often have to go back into settings on the infotainment and change tback to calls and audio as the keeps disconnecting the audio part.. it’s really frustrating and getting me anxious on any journey I need google maps. The Mazda navigation is terrible .
I have a Note 8. Not sure if it's a Samsung thing or Mazda thing

I see this [switching from 'phone & audio' to phone only] as well [2021 CX-5 SIG] on my android 10.
Haven't figured when this happens, but tends to around when the missus iPhone [also paired on bluetooth] has been in the car at same time [or maybe after she has connected by wire to Apple CarPlay]?
My bigger issue is that with Android Auto, first few times I connect USB cable to phone it fails with a bluetooth error message [shown on the 10.25" screen] - usually works after plug/unplug from phone several times [and doing no other changes]. Have tried several USB cables in either of the USB sockets in centre console [& updating apps]. When it does connect then it's great - have a split screen between google maps and a streaming radio app [and can use buttons on left of steering wheel to up/down favourite stations set in app]. The Apple CarPlay almost always connects first time

Back