Android Auto Touch Screen is not working

I am able to connect my Android phone to the system, I get a main menu displaying my apps, however it is not responding to touch and the dial/knob does not appear to be working. I mean if I turn the knob, I don't see a cursor...I can't seem to see how to connect to one of the apps, I thought that worked last week, I've had the car about 2 weeks. "Hey Google" doesn't seem to handle addresses very well.

Is this normal? I thought the Android Auto touch screen worked with the vehicle in park. HELP! Thanks!

It would assist us if you included your model, trim and year of your vehicle. Possibly in your avatar or profile. I’m sorry you’re having all these problems.

Upvote 0
I have a 2020 CX-9 GT. I have an Apple phone for work which works fine on CarPlay. I can turn the navigation dial to any app on the menu or even choose inside the apps. But not in AA.

Upvote 0
I don’t think the 2020 has a touchscreen. I think they removed that function alltogether and you have to use the scroll wheel. I could be wrong though, I don’t have an android phone so only have experience with apple carplay.

Upvote 0
I don't mind using the scroll wheel but I can't see the cursor or where the scroll wheel is.
It's not highlighting the menu items, I thought it did at first but it's not lately. Apple Carplay works much better. My work phone is an iPhone so I tried it and it works pretty well. In fact touch works with it.

Upvote 0
I don’t think the 2020 has a touchscreen. I think they removed that function alltogether and you have to use the scroll wheel. I could be wrong though, I don’t have an android phone so only have experience with apple carplay.

I have a 2020 and my screen is touch-enabled, however you lose this function when the vehicle is in motion, and must then use the scroll wheel/knob. I use AA in mine and do not have any issues with touch (when stopped) or the knob when in motion. I would update/restart the phone and be sure the AA app is updated. Sounds like a phone issue if another device works as intended.

Upvote 0
I have a 2020 CX-9 GT. I have an Apple phone for work which works fine on CarPlay. I can turn the navigation dial to any app on the menu or even choose inside the apps. But not in AA.
You said in your first post that it is an Android, is it an Apple or an Android???

Upvote 0
Agreed with what @Ceej007 is probably getting at, Android auto is not going to work if you're using an iphone. I can for a certain say apple carplay does not work with my Samsung phone

Edit: inside of Android auto, the touch screen is completely disabled, even at a stop. While the car is parked, you can still use the touch screen if you're in the cars systems

Upvote 0
I have a 2020 and my screen is touch-enabled, however you lose this function when the vehicle is in motion, and must then use the scroll wheel/knob. I use AA in mine and do not have any issues with touch (when stopped) or the knob when in motion. I would update/restart the phone and be sure the AA app is updated. Sounds like a phone issue if another device works as intended.
I have the 2019 model and touch in AA is always disabled even when stationary, the only option was to use the knob. The 2020 suppose to have the same system only with a larger 9" screen. Have you modified the software to make touch work? Also what version of AA are you using?

Upvote 0
I have not modified the software yet. I mostly listen to XM and have been trying to get accustomed to the Nav system. I want the google maps to display real time traffic in the Android Auto, That is my end goal.

Upvote 0
I went into the Apps on my Note 9, I deleted the cache and tried it in the car and it works.
I was able to navigate to settings and enabled the real-time traffic. It does show now on my Google maps, I am extremely happy now. Thanks for setting me on the right path.

Upvote 0
Back