An option for those looking for a switchblade remote keyfob

ok, well I'm not sure what "fair" is since I don't know what your cost was but if I were to say $35.00, does that come close?

just over 60 in my paypal now, 60 more (me and one more buyer), plus your 35 = 155. Purchase price w/ shipping is just over 138, thats 12 bucks to reship, sounds fine to me.

hey, I was just on the suppliers website and noticed there was a flip key designated for the Mazda 323 (item #021571) that looks a little nicer than the one shown at the start of the thread. Did you already place your order? If not what do you think of that one(of course, assuming it's the same price and works for us)? And is it just me or is their website really confusing?

Last edited:
i think that 323 key looks "cheaper" than the key on the first post. i would not be surprised at all if the "metal" on the side was just plastic plated with shiny chrome like material that will scratch off easily. the biggest difference between the two items is that if you look at the picture in the link you provided, the key doesnt lock flush with the fob (tip sticks out). If you look at the pictures on the first page of this thread, the key locks in nice and tight.

i appreciate the effort and good looking out for other options.

Hey seabass, wouldn't it make more sense that we get one titled "Mazda 323" than one marked "Mazda 3/6"? Or do you think they both accept the same internals, just slightly different case? I just like that extra bit of chrome.

I hear ya. I guess Just because it reminds me of my uncle's VW keyfob. Which probably has a replacement cost of $150++.

Im sure they both accept the same internals. the only thing you have to worry about is if the buttons will fit properly. if the key shell was more than $30 and closer to $150, I would expect it to be great quality... however, I dont think thats the case here. Simply based off the pictures, I still think the first key shell looks of higher quality construction than the second one you found. (just a personal opinion)

i do get what youre saying about getting a key fob marked for a 323 rather than a 3 or 6, however, take for example half the stuff you find on ebay when you search for protege5. half the stuff there is marked/labeled incorrectly or its crap aftermarket stuff that wont fit. Sometimes sellers list a wide range of cars in hopes that someone buys their cheaply made crap regardless of whether or not its actually made for that make and model.

what I like most about getting the same key fob as the OP is that its been positively tested to work.

I preferred the orientation of the key part on the OP pic the way it folds into the fob edgewise instead of how the others with chrome off ebay or the 323 one fold in with the face of the key still visible.....and didn't prefer the chromed parts either. The OP shell has the texture that kinda mimics the perforated black stuff in the interior too. Just seems to match our cars better.

I agree, it looks hella cheap, but I haven't put the buy through yet... I have to assume the key for the 323 would be the same, so it 'should' work.. emblem on the back is clearly a half-ass ripoff of mazda's rendering.
also, that doesn't look anything like the other website, and the link doesn't come close to matching... if you like I can refund you and we can go back to a 4 person buy... all payments are in and I'll be running the purchase tomorrow.

also just to note, I'm drilling for the panic button, this new option doesn't look like it would lend itself well to that.

Back