An option for those looking for a switchblade remote keyfob

possible group buy??

wait, just checked my mail...."hello xxxxx, unit price can be 20.90usd, ship price is 28.17/kg to Canada.thanks jessica".....
So how many units would need to be purchased to get this price? Anybody have experience with this sort of thing? If it was as low as 20-30 we might have something but if its eg.100+ then I think it would be out of the question. If anybody is willing to do the legwork for this I would be in for a couple of units. I just don't have the resources/time/ knowledge to set up a group buy on my own. Anyone??

yeah, something lost in translation. I think it means if say 2 boxes of the keys weighed 1 kilo you would get that many shipped for the $28. That itself would save alot on the per-unit price. Gotcha on your second point.

honestly, I think shipping would still suck crossing US/CAD border... so there would probably be limited interest in crossing.

I went ahead and paid a bit more for fedex shipping instead of whatever their cheapest was. Came to 45 and change for 1 switchfob plus shipping.

how about this... who wants to go in on this with my on friday? 2-3 ppl, we split the cost even, and I'll remail them to you at my cost in a bubble envelope.

I'm down, I can't seem to get the stupid site to work on any three of my computers or different browsers!

how about this... who wants to go in on this with my on friday? 2-3 ppl, we split the cost even, and I'll remail them to you at my cost in a bubble envelope.

How much for combined shipping- have you checked it out yet? As far as shipping from U.S. to Canada, I checked the USPS website, it says $11.45($10.88 if you pay online) for either a 9 1/2x12 1/2 envelope or a 8 5/8x 5 3/8x 1 5/8 box priority mail. So, yeah, not sure if it would be worth the hassle doing it that way(for the cross-border option like you said).

ill go in on it with you if its possible. shoot me a PM and let me know how you want to work this out, as well as your paypal address. :)

29 bucks each will be the total price. I'll eat the cost of reshipping.

Seriously? Even to Canada? I think I could go for that. I might even like one for my wife's 2000 MPV but I seem to recall being told that the MPV keys have a security chip in them. I'd have to confirm that first for sure. (and if she wants one as much as I).

honestly, I think shipping would still suck crossing US/CAD border... so there would probably be limited interest in crossing.

Seriously? Even to Canada? I think I could go for that. I might even like one for my wife's 2000 MPV but I seem to recall being told that the MPV keys have a security chip in them. I'd have to confirm that first for sure. (and if she wants one as much as I).

I would assume he meant within the lower 48 states, since it shouldnt cost more than a couple dollars total for a bubble mailer and mail service. It might cost close to $8 or $9 dollars to ship to across the border.

OK, it looks like Mazdaspeeder and Navy_P503 are in.. One more and the $29 price is good to go. (hold off on any payments til we have a 4th committed buyer)

If a 5th joined the buy at that price it would bring the cost down for me a bit and as long as its OK with the rest, that should cover the cost to ship to canada, even going there USPS in a bubble mailer shouldn't be too awful. I'll pull a quote and see what it comes out to to say for sure.

Edit: if 5 buy in, one going to canada is fine with me, cost actually isn't terrible.

Last edited:
>wagonbacker<
did you get a quote yet? as I said in #28, uspsdotcom gave me a price of $10.88, but that's for a large flat envelope. Don't know what the difference would be for a smaller bubble-mailer. I assume you could probably get it into a pretty small package. I don't want to take away savings from others as a result of higher shipping costs to me, I'll be glad to pay a bit extra to cover that. As long as I can still get a better deal than the $41.60 it would cost to get it right from alibabba (with a 5-8 day shipping window).

"large envelope" is the class that this would have to go as, seeing as it isn't flat... the 2 that paid so far both overpaid from what I asked for.. (they cited paypal fees and shipping).

I'm not making any promises on lightening fast shipping, if you want/need it now.. buy direct. I won't be holding onto them forever or anything, but I'm not promising a one-day turnaround either.
but for your CAN shipping issue, either send what you feel is fair, or buy direct. Either way I'm cool with it. The way I see it you joining the buy at the listed price is a wash. you'll drive the average cost/unit price down a bit on the initial order, and you'll drive it back up when I reship.

I'm making one purchase out of my paypal today, but the exact balance was already in the account. If there is any money left in my account when this is all said and done (minus shipping costs) I'll either refund it, or donate it to the forum (your choice).

Back