Ambient Lighting Trim Installation Tips?

I have never installed these things but in theory they should be fairly easy to install. I think some of the biggest challenges you would have would be:
1) Finding a proper power source to run these. Depending on how you wanted them to function, when the interior lights are on, when you turn your park lights on, when the ACC is on, etc ...
2) Installing them where you want them. The doors might be more tricky than around the glove box because there are less places to hide the relay and additional wiring.
3) Goes along with #2. Installing them so they look good and you dont have wires and relay boxes showing everywhere as well as keeping the fiber light cables in place. Could be a challenge if you are in a climate where it gets super hot in the car (summer sun) and super cold (winter nights).

All in all, I would think this is something you can totally do yourself with a bit of research and planning. I would say its like a 2/10 on a difficulty scale. My only advice would be to make it look clean and take your time.
Good luck

Hi, these what inside my cx5. Place them at the side of moonroof, look cool in my taste, something like bmw 7 series [emoji28]. And becouse i dont want any light distracts my view. And the color can be changed as well.

8ad057d53ca7868788a811e753fbd0c1.jpg
f9625e815e64b168a20ba1dc904b5c8a.jpg
d46891e173bacf476a557dbf0bf7310b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_9328.JPG
    IMG_9328.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 117
Yeah, I'm going for a subtle look, not how it's pictured in that product's images. I was hoping to trim the doors and maybe the center so it's dim but adds some mood to the inside of the car.

Back