Alternator spacer?

Tzar177

Contributor
Well my adjusting bolt for the alternator just broke and whats left of it is stuck inside a block/spacer. Is the part circled in red called a "spacer"? Thats all im seeing in any parts diagram but it also doesnt look quite the same in the pic. I need this "spacer" and both bolts that go into it. Anyone have part numbers or have these laying around?
alternator.jpg

I need the bolt also...
I had the part number for the bolt before... wrote it down in notepad and can't find it... i got the part# from jeff@onlinemazdaparts
let me see if i can find some #'s for ya

The Block Thingy = FP01-18-363
The Bolt That Goes In It = 997940840
The Adjustment Bolt = 997950880

When I called awhile ago... Jeff gave me the spec on the adjustment bolt... too bad i lost it

Are u sure those are correct numbers for the bolts? One comes up for water pump on 2012 mazda 2 and other nothing comes up on onlinemazdaparts.com

Those are the numbers.
I pulled them from the parts catalog.
And checked them on onlinemazdaparts
Mazda
Protege5

I'm pretty sure it's the same for msp. You could always call them during business hours to confirm.

I just checked those part numbers and they do have results. But call to confirm. Like I said I got those numbers from the parts catalog for protege.

Last edited:
Here's the picture from the parts catalog...
I do believe the 9794-0835 Part# has been superseded by the 8440 cuz when i searched for it it showed the new part#

8443102125_a6b60eaae4_b.jpg

if you guys have a local junkyard im sure you could score everything you need for $5 from any 2001+ 2.0 protege

Let me look in my garage, I have a couple of alternators that might have the required parts.

Those are the numbers.
I pulled them from the parts catalog.
And checked them on onlinemazdaparts
Mazda
Protege5

I'm pretty sure it's the same for msp. You could always call them during business hours to confirm.

I just checked those part numbers and they do have results. But call to confirm. Like I said I got those numbers from the parts catalog for protege.

I ordered what I needed and got them in this morning after paying $50 for overnite shipping. Installed and car back up n running. Thanks 808!

Np. So the numbers checked out?

Btw I'm in need of the long bolt if anyone got one for cheaper then online. Or if you know the length and thread pitch that would be awesome.

Np. So the numbers checked out?

Btw I'm in need of the long bolt if anyone got one for cheaper then online. Or if you know the length and thread pitch that would be awesome.

Yes numbers checked out. The long bolt is 80mm length and 1.25 thread pitch

Latest posts

Back