Almost 28 mpg

SwampAss

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3
2007-02-26 11.4 US Gals USD 2.45 per US Gals USD 27.93 315 Miles 27.63 MPG

I scored almost 28mpg this tank! some city driving, 3 people in my car driving, and driving like an old woman. WOO HOO!

Damn I have never seen those kind of numbers. I wish I can someday get to that magical number. LOL. I think the max I have seen is 24.7mpg.

When I drove my car back from the dealership after purchase I got 29mpg!
Driving mostly highway.

SwampAss said:
2007-02-26 11.4 US Gals USD 2.45 per US Gals USD 27.93 315 Miles 27.63 MPG

I scored almost 28mpg this tank! some city driving, 3 people in my car driving, and driving like an old woman. WOO HOO!

I'm jealous. In miles, I only get about 320/16 gallon tank. Thats 500 km/55 litres for my fellow Canadians. And that would be 100% on the highway.

I'm commuting about 80 miles once or twice a week now and I get 27 mpg highway routinely.

got 21 MPG on my last tank. Love to see those numbers but I like the gas pedal@

Hell I just did a 600 mile round trip and got 28ish MPG on that trip. I feel that with more miles and some syn oil I could have seen 30 MPG. This car is great.

I bought a trip computer, don't remember the brand, it shows instantaneous mpg. This is on a Mazda3 s, not an MS3. Anyway, mpg varies from 5 when starting a cold car and pulling out of the garage, to 40 or more when driving at a steady 40mph, to over 100mpg when coasting with clutch depressed. Everything depends on how and where I am driving. I guess everyone knows that, but it's startling to see it so clearly on a display.

I expect better mileage with my lighter than stock wheels. I went to forged wheels on my GTI and saw a 30-40 mile increase per tank.

for MPG, shoulda bought the non-speed M3 w/2.0

Your never gonna get great MPG with the speed, given the size of engine, and the way it is valved. That's the price you pay for the performance.

I own a 3i, with 2.0, auto, and get mid thirties MPG on the highway, and about 28-29 with a mix of city/highway (with no stopngo rush hour type action).

SwampAss said:
I expect better mileage with my lighter than stock wheels. I went to forged wheels on my GTI and saw a 30-40 mile increase per tank.

Stop driving it like Grandpa Magoo and start driving it like the old lady from Pasadena!!!

and I had to read your post twice... at first thought you wrote 30-40 miles increase per gallon... was about to call out :bs: (attn)

UrbanmanUSA said:
Your never gonna get great MPG with the speed, given the size of engine, and the way it is valved. That's the price you pay for the performance.

I own a 3i, with 2.0, auto, and get mid thirties MPG on the highway, and about 28-29 with a mix of city/highway (with no stopngo rush hour type action).

Given the performance...27.XX MPG is great gas mileage!

It is, you got way more than I did in my regular 3s...
I'm seeing just under 10L/100kms, around 24mpg.

It must be the wing that makes you fly, increasing your mpg and your big baller chrome rims giving you more weight to roll down hills. Who would have known that it would work?

SwampAss said:
Given the performance...27.XX MPG is great gas mileage!

I found that on the few occasions I got 27 or 28MPG, I got like 23 on the tank right before or right after it. It's all about the fillup! Unless you can fill it to exactly the level you started that tank on, you're calculating from bad numbers to start with. My running average over 12,000 miles is 26.

Dudes, just drove 210 miles and averaged 30 miles per gallon (on the tank). Dont that will happen again for quit a while. Lately my trip and scan gauge have been reading about 28 mpg for my 45 mile trip to work. SWEET

Back